Will you camp?

Cantwait4iPhone

May 6, 2007
United States
Nope. I am not even getting the new iPhone unless there is something truly amazing about it. Even then, I would hardly lean towards getting a new one. Mine is sufficient.

I think that after people who camped saw that there was a surplus even after June 29th last year, there will hardly be any people camping and most people will decide that there will be enough phones available.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I don't think it will be necessary to camp out but I'll definitely get to the store well in advance of release time just like I did last iDay. I got to the store at about 6 AM and just had a short 12 hour wait, wasn't bad at all.

xwing25

Sep 12, 2007
no camping for me i did that to much for star wars and then to find out later that i really didn't need to but it would be fun to be the first to have one i love my iPhone and it has opened a whole new thing for me with pod casts man they are addicting

FlyersPhanatic9

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
No because I go to Delaware to purchase all of my Apple Products (no taxes) and I do NOT feel like lugging crap up there to camp and then waiting, then buying it, then driving home for 1.5 hours then using it...
Ill just have my cousin bring it up the next time he comes up... which I will make sure is soon! :)

garyfri

Oct 12, 2007
I camped the first time and will most likely camp this time. The upgrades have to be "upgrades" though. The major thing that will determine is the battery life. i don't care about GPS and talking direction if my battery life sucks. I have everyday because I use my phone heavy but if I have to charge it more than I am done and will stick with the original.

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
No way. I will go by on iDayII and see what the line looks like. If it's a mess and I'll be there for 2+ hours, I'll come back on Saturday like last year and get my phone in 20 minutes.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I will camp several times this summer, but unless they have an Apple Store in the middle of the woods, it won't be there!

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
I will buy day 1, but will only show up a hour or two before the time they go on sale. Learned my lesson from last time.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I didn't wait in line for the first iPhone...not gonna wait in line for the next iPhone.

Haha, maybe I will..im not sure. I just sold my iPhone for the new one...so im actually kinda excited about it...and im possibly thinking about it...

projectdarkside

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
I could only see camping now, as in being for fun ya kno? I'm sure there will be more than enough that the 3G iPhone could come out around the "6:00" time frame, and there would still be enough iPhones to go around in the next 24hrs :)

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I could only see camping now, as in being for fun ya kno? I'm sure there will be more than enough that the 3G iPhone could come out around the "6:00" time frame, and there would still be enough iPhones to go around in the next 24hrs :)
Yeah, probably. IMO, I don't think theres gonna be that many lines because I don't think there is going to be as much hype as the first iPhone had.

projectdarkside

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Yeah you can tell their wont be that much hype, when theirs people on ebay paying upwards of $700 dollars plus lol! That proves that there are a lot of uninformed consumers out there who are looking for an iPhone

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Yeah you can tell their wont be that much hype, when theirs people on ebay paying upwards of $700 dollars plus lol! That proves that there are a lot of uninformed consumers out there who are looking for an iPhone
Yeah. After I sold my iPhone on craigslist, I went to look on eBay to see what they were going for and I saw 1 that was 700 and a few for 500. That is crazy! Lol. Im sure the people that purchased them are going to be very mad come Monday...lol. Also, the prices are probably high because of the people that don't know theres a new one coming and they want an iPhone but cant buy a new one because their "Currently Unavailable" so they're trying to "fight" to get one.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
I don't think there will be as much camping for this phone since many of those campers already have an iPhone. Not saying they won't buy the next one, just probably less inclined to camp for it. :)

rondz

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Bay Area
I'm not gonna camp but I'll stand in line tomorrow once AT&T opens. It's just going to suck if at the conference they announce a release date later on this week or month, but I'm pretty sure it'll come out tomorrow.