Will you pre-order the iPhone 5 or wait in line

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
For the first few years, it was ritualistic to wait in line for the next iPhone. With pre-orders, you guarantee yourself the color and storage capacity that you want. You miss out on all the fun, if you'd call it that. You also miss out on having it first and there is something to be said for that. It's painstaking to watch all the tweets, forum threads about people walking out of the Apple Store with their new iPhone whilst tracking your iPhone on Fedex.

So what say you? Are you a pre-order, make no bones about it, I want my preferred iPhone regardless of when I get it OR or you a knee deep in the weeds, ready to tackle the Apple Store front lines.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I don't believe I have ever waited in line for the iPhone. I don't have an Apple store anywhere around me, but I do have sellers such as Best Buy and AT&T.

I am a pre-order type of guy. Like you said, "you guarantee yourself the color and storage capacity that you want."

itsamikey

Mar 10, 2009
Southern Calif.
As I recall, a lot of people who ordered online for the 4s received their phone a day before they went on sale. I don't expect that to happen, but I will be here hitting refresh every second until I can get in to order online.....

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I guess one day I will camp in line... I was never lucky enough to do so. Hubby seems always out of town.
And guess what he left yesterday. I could take my kid if there was no school (he'd love it as long we can charge his phone once it's on red),
We did camp out for the Wii he was a tiny fellow then and not yet in school (hubby was deployed)
We got it in Spetember and he slept with the box unopned all through Christmas!

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
I will pre-order from the comfort and safety of my home.. LOL

If I actually thought I could get in line an hour or two early I might be tempted but I have a feeling that I would need to wait in line for several hours to have a chance of getting on launch day..

A pre-order should still get me it on the 21st and just a few hours after all the wait in line folks..

My .02

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
Depending what time the preorder starts tomorrow, if it is tomorrow, I may not be able to preorder due to work meetings. I am really hoping for Thursday night preorder which would probably help with not bogging down their servers with an afternoon preorder. My only other hope is that if the preorders start tomorrow it's during the 90 minute lunch break in our meeting. If all else fails I am prepared to camp out for 6-8 hours.

Sep 11, 2012
In brief I am going to preorder the iPhone 5. I am a game developer so the faster I can get my hands on the new iPhone the better!

Sep 11, 2012
In truth as a developer I am a little worried about the potential change in aspect ratio. In large part because it may bring fragmentation to the IOS platform.

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
I camped for the 4S.
Started the line at a small corporate Sprint store at 10pm.
Turns out I could have slept in until 4am, but it was fun checking out all the camping threads and knowing FOR SURE I was getting my iPhones! Once others started showing up with coffee and munchies, and geeking out over my jailbroken 3GS it was a blast!

neo

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
murf, Tn
Pre ordering mine. Camped for the original with that whole activation debacle. Got it friday didn't get activated till late sunday night. Hoping pre orders start tomorrow

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

medenblik

Contributor
Silver
Mar 25, 2010
I waited in line for the 3G...was 50th in line..got there at 2AM

Pre-ordered the 3GS, 4 and 4 S.....i have received each one around 8:30AM.......

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'm pre-ordering again. Free shipping and no getting up early to wait in a long line. I've pre-ordered the past three years and got all of them before noon.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I'm pre-ordering again. Free shipping and no getting up early to wait in a long line. I've pre-ordered the past three years and got all of them before noon.
Last year, I started with Verizon and received my iPhone 4S late in the day. For that reason, and my needs to provide some coverage on the site, I think I'm going to battle the lines. Might change up my store choice, if for not other reason than to protest the crappy service I received at the Roosevelt Field Mall location.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
Last edited by a moderator:

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
If I have a buddy who will go with me, I'll head to the store and wait in line. Even times I didn't have a friend to come along it was pretty fun, but pre-ordering last year wasn't so bad either. I loved the piece of mind knowing i was getting my iPhone for sure.