Will you sit this one out?

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Would they be able to tell me now if I can upgrade earlier or not? It still says December 29th
Try dialing *639# on your phone. AT&T will reply with a txt message on your upgrade status.

Chex

Dec 17, 2008
PA
That's interesting, I am a premiere plan and got my iPhone 4 a day before it was out last year and the Att site says that line isn't eligible for an upgrade till 2012? 18 months here.

Sent from my iPhone 10

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
My family and I are headed over to our local Att store to check out the Galaxy S2...depending on how we like it and if the iPhone gets at least a 4" screen will decide it.

It's up to my wife, she needs an upgrade from her 3GS. She cant see the small screen very well.(neither can I) She would like a better camera which either the Samsung or i5 will have in spades. Other then that she just checks email and prefers the 24" monitors we use at home for everything else Internet related.

So basically the iOS is wasted on her. She wants to check out the "Fire" and see how much easier it is to read on that. At $199 a couple of them will be here for Xmas:)

My kid and I can wait were both totally happy with our iPhone 4's. We won't even rush to ios5 we are set up perfect with our JB'S

You know a guy(or girl) really needs a couple of phones to play with... :)
yes that fire is an awesome deal. their also talks about a 2nd version with amazons lifetime 3g.

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
I received a confirmation text that I'm eligible for an upgrade, although I'm still undecided. I still love the design of the 4 and I am still very happy with the 4's performance.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

Edge1978

Bronze
Feb 7, 2009
I purchased my iPhone 4 on Aug 01 2010 and I am due for an upgrade as well.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
I received a confirmation text that I'm eligible for an upgrade, although I'm still undecided. I still love the design of the 4 and I am still very happy with the 4's perfoance
Well you either get the same hardware - which you like - or new hardware. But the A5 processor, maybe more Ram and better camera are enough to sway me. And there is the potential that some of the iOS features will not work without the A5. I will be disappointed if it is not a true rebuilt iPhone 5, but if you can upgrade for $200 it's a no choice, after you sell the iPhone 4 on Craigslist for $400+.

Skb2000

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 1, 2010
Scottsdale, AZ
www.sherrylbuchler.com
I haven't checked my upgrade status... probably won't bother either. I see no reason to upgrade as I barely use it for much of anything. The screen is too small for me and I am still in love with my iPad2. Pretty much any phone with basic data would do for me. I think I will save my $$.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
If AT&T rolls back upgrade dates for a lot of people, it won't be until after October 4th, so checking now isn't much use for most of us.

Beemer

Bronze
Jan 24, 2010
Calgary AB, Scottsdale, AZ
I am so tired of the Apple games with not discussing when and what they are going to release that last week I purchased a Samsung Galaxy SII. After owning this phone for a week, I won't be looking back. It has all the features of IOS5 and more. My wife has an iPhone 4 and we won't be purchasing the 5 this year...

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
I am so tired of the Apple games with not discussing when and what they are going to release that last week I purchased a Samsung Galaxy SII. After owning this phone for a week, I won't be looking back. It has all the features of IOS5 and more. My wife has an iPhone 4 and we won't be purchasing the 5 this year...
no matter what Apple comes with on tue. that gs2 is no joke it's blazing fast and has excellent battery life and if you like a decent size screen then right now you have no other choice but to go with the S2.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
no matter what Apple comes with on tue. that gs2 is no joke it's blazing fast and has excellent battery life and if you like a decent size screen then right now you have no other choice but to go with the S2.
What about the Nexus Prime on October 11th?

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
What about the Nexus Prime on October 11th?
well it's not oct 11 yet is it. so right now the gs2 is top of the food chain. not too mention the gs2 has been out for almost 6months now. the competition is bearly catching up. hey i know it hurts but i gotta keep it real.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
well it's not oct 11 yet is it. so right now the gs2 is top of the food chain. not too mention the gs2 has been out for almost 6months now. the competition is bearly catching up. hey i know it hurts but i gotta keep it real.
I figured that less than two weeks away is pretty much "now" for all intents and purposes here.

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
I figured that less than two weeks away is pretty much "now" for all intents and purposes here.
well then if were gonna use your method of time. then the S3 is just around the corner which im sure blow away the prime and ip5. right now everything is just a "leak" but if they are true The next-generation Galaxy S3 handset will also apparently feature an astonishing display resolution of 1280 x 1024, a powerful 2.0GHz quad core processor, with 1.5GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage and 16MP cam.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
well then if were gonna use your method of time. then the S3 is just around the corner which im sure blow away the prime and ip5. right now everything is just a "leak" but if they are true The next-generation Galaxy S3 handset will also apparently feature an astonishing display resolution of 1280 x 1024, a powerful 2.0GHz quad core processor, with 1.5GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage and 16MP cam.
Is this really that hard for you to grasp? I was speaking of the Nexus Prime, not any other Android phone. If you want to go shooting off on tangents, then go right ahead.

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
Is this really that hard for you to grasp? I was speaking of the Nexus Prime, not any other Android phone. If you want to go shooting off on tangents, then go right ahead.
i wasn't the one who shooting off at tangents you did by saying two weeks was consider the NOW. when in the real world now is now. not 2 weeks from now.