Will you upgrade to iPad 5/iPad Mini 2?

Discussion in 'iPad Air' started by Dannel, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Dannel

Dannel Guest

Apple is really busy this two months,right? :D It is said that the iPad 5 and iPad Mini 2 will be released recently, (possibly October 22, 2013). What's your opinion about the coming Apple release? Do you plan to upgrade your iPad to the new model? Why?

2. lemoon

lemoon Member
    Bronze

Just waiting for the new iPad, will consider to buy an iPad mini(compared the 1 and 2 then decide).
    Hope the new iPad mini will get with retina display and better processor. :rolleyes:

3. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

I currently have the iPad 3...planning on the 5. REALLY looking forward to the Mini-like form factor!

4. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

Definitely getting a 5 to replace my wife's 2 and either an iPad mini 2 or a 5 to replace my 3.

5. glsda

glsda Zealot
    Gold

I have the iPad 2 and the Mini. If the new Mini gets the Retina display and size and weight remain close I will get the Mini and give my old one to my wife. I am curious about the 5. Even if the weight is cut significantly the size would probably cause me to stay with the Mini. It is just so easy to carry around.

6. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Definitely interested in getting a 5 to replace my 3. Space Gray all the way!

7. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Not getting one this year, unless I can grab one cheap from someone at work, I'll be getting the new nexus 7 to play with until next year.

8. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

Definitely the new iPad Mini. It is close between the Mini and iPad Air, but I like the smaller form factor and ease of handling.

9. richardya

richardya Member
    Silver

The big question.

The Air is actually closer in weight to the old mini than the old iPad.

iPad Old 613G
    iPad Air 478G
    Mini New 341G
    Mini Old 312G

10. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

http://www.everythingAndroid.org
    ;)

11. HeathCliff

HeathCliff New Member

Definitely getting the 5 because I have the 3, and my wrist is getting carpal tunnel. What's your best estimate on a selling price for a mint iPad 3 wifi?

12. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

My iPad 2 is fine, so I won't be getting it.

13. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

The same with my iPad 3.

14. bailey554

bailey554 New Member

I have the iPad 2 with Verizon Jetpak 4 LTE. I will be upgrading to the iPad 5 to take advantage of the faster speed.

15. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I can not decide if I want Air or Mini with retina display. I actually leaning to going back to Maxi.
    I have the mini and still have to take it in to get the screen fixed :(
    Does anyone think we have a an small update in spring? Like added fingerprint scanner and gold version?

16. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

No, we probably won't see another update until next November.

17. ricks2gtouch

ricks2gtouch Zealot
    Silver

I currently use an iPad 2 wifi. I am trying to decide if I want to get the Air or just go with the iPad 4. I plan on getting an LTE model through AT&T's NEXT option added to my mobile share plan. To be honest, the higher end CPU and GPU don't really jump out at me as I don't do very much gaming. It's about $50 less for the 4 right now.

18. Nrevezzo

Nrevezzo Member
    Bronze

I'm interested in the iPad 5 but it depends on the trade-in value of my iPad 3... and if I can convince the wife it's a good idea to upgrade.

19. Redhotchili

Redhotchili Member
    Bronze

Europa: what do u mean u have to get the screen to mini fixed? I'm curious bc I have the mini. Wondering if it has anything to do w after a period of use the screen will all of a sudden just go blank and back to home screen? Also, I have a question. U know how pc's have to have cookies removed and such to get it working better, do Apple devices (such as my mini iPad) have a similar procedure so maybe my screen doesn't just go blank on me? Thx

Sent using iCafe app

20. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I didn't say anything about an iPad screen. You're probably referring to imutter's post.

It sounds like you are having problems with apps crashing. Try rebooting your iPad every day or so. That should help it run better.