Will ZiPhone 2.5 unlock & jailbreak 1.1.2 to correct no voicemail indicator?

imapfsr

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Victoria, B.C. Canada
Hey All,
The reason I am asking is that a friend of mine just got a 16g which came unlocked with 1.1.3. He then ziPhoned to 1.1.4. Since reveiving it though(we are in Canada on Rogers by the way) and on 1.1.3 he never had the circle icon over his voicemail icon to tell him he has voicemail nor does he ever get the text that he has a message. I read that back when 1.1.1 was being used there was an issue with it and that there was a fix that was pulled from 1.1.2 that would fix that issue. So i am wondering if because this phone never had 1.1.2 on it from its start maybe that is why he gets no notice. I tried the sms fix but it would not install due to the fact that he wasn't running 1.1.1 So my idea is to install 1.1.2 which could fix the voicemail issue then ziPhone it and then restore to 1.1.4 and ziPhone...problem fixed ? Any thoughts or ideas.
Thanks in advance.

THEHNIC

Bronze
Feb 11, 2008
CA
Yeah O lost the one over the voice mail key. I still get the text so not that big of a deal to me but would be nice to have it work.

Hey All,
The reason I am asking is that a friend of mine just got a 16g which came unlocked with 1.1.3. He then ziPhoned to 1.1.4. Since reveiving it though(we are in Canada on Rogers by the way) and on 1.1.3 he never had the circle icon over his voicemail icon to tell him he has voicemail nor does he ever get the text that he has a message. I read that back when 1.1.1 was being used there was an issue with it and that there was a fix that was pulled from 1.1.2 that would fix that issue. So i am wondering if because this phone never had 1.1.2 on it from its start maybe that is why he gets no notice. I tried the sms fix but it would not install due to the fact that he wasn't running 1.1.1 So my idea is to install 1.1.2 which could fix the voicemail issue then ziPhone it and then restore to 1.1.4 and ziPhone...problem fixed ? Any thoughts or ideas.
Thanks in advance.