Win 7 WTV files on iPad

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
May 9, 2012
Llandudno
I am considering buying a new Ipad but one of the uses I have for it is watching TV recorded in Windows media centre At the moment I do this on my iPhone4. iI convert the files from WTV to dvr-ms format and then use Freemake video converter to convert them to iPhone4 (H264 files)
The problem I have is the loss of lip sink can anyone help with how I can overcome this problem as I don't really want to buy the Ipad if I am going to have the same problem. I tried talking to the Apple store but they lost interest as soon as I said Windows, saying oh we don't really support that you probably will have that problem. This is a problem I have had for a lot of years first starting with converting files for an Ipaq about 8 years ago in various formats and systems over the years and always having the lip sync problem.

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
I have the same problem with TiVo files. Sometimes it works well, other times my sound is behind the video by several seconds. Since you are having the same issue on different file types, it leads me to believe its the codecs in iOS.

I've been researching this for months with little success. I k ow this doesn't help you much, but perhaps we'll both find a solution here.

Target

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

May 9, 2012
Llandudno
I have the same problem with TiVo files. Sometimes it works well, other times my sound is behind the video by several seconds. Since you are having the same issue on different file types, it leads me to believe its the codecs in iOS.

I've been researching this for months with little success. I k ow this doesn't help you much, but perhaps we'll both find a solution here.

Target

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app
Hi
Thanks for that. One thing I have noticed is a slight jerkiness at times in the video I was wondering if the codec was leaving out redundant frames of video but not of audio.

John Newton
(Using Mothers account having trouble with mine)

jonharnew

Bronze
Jun 24, 2010
Sorted it Convert file to dvrs by right clicking on wtv file then use Handbrake to recode the dvrs file to iPad mp4 file. The result is perfect lip sync and no jerkiness in video.