Win an iPhone 5 from everythingiCafe

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Like we've done so many times before, we're doing a random giveaway for a new iPhone 5. Technically, we're going to pay for a new iPhone for some lucky contestant. Entry is dead simple. Make just (3) valid contributions between now and the day after the announcement. Off topic posts do not count. You'll also need to share the contest post on either Facebook or Twitter, so you can share this awesome contest with others.

You can read the full Win an iPhone 5 from everythingiCafe post, with complete rules and regulations available here.

Last edited:

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
I'd suggest making the prize an actual physical iPhone to get around that problem, but then you'd need to be filthy rich, cause you'd have to buy it at the unsubsidized price to send it to them, and pay shipping fees, customs, and whatnot...

Here's hoping this site explodes in popularity and makes you filthy rich
wink2.gif

Also, is it 3 or is it 4?

simply make (3) or more quality on topic contributions (posts)
you must have a minimum of four posts between July 31st, 2012 and the date of the official introduction of the new iPhone but not before September 12th.
make at least 3 quality posts between now and the official announcement of the sixth generation iPhone

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Hmmm, win this and I can get that iPad mini with the money I would have bought my wife's new phone with, lol.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
I'd suggest making the prize an actual physical iPhone to get around that problem, but then you'd need to be filthy rich, cause you'd have to buy it at the unsubsidized price to send it to them, and pay shipping fees, customs, and whatnot...

Here's hoping this site explodes in popularity and makes you filthy rich
wink2.gif

Also, is it 3 or is it 4?
wow, someone like me that actually reads the fine print?

And just out of curiosity, how will we know when we've met the quality posts requirement? Surely there is some subjectivity in that requirement. Not that I don't think you can't be fair. I'm just wondering if you will post a running list somewhere so we know when we have met the criteria.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
wow, someone like me that actually reads the fine print?

And just out of curiosity, how will we know when we've met the quality posts requirement? Surely there is some subjectivity in that requirement. Not that I don't think you can't be fair. I'm just wondering if you will post a running list somewhere so we know when we have met the criteria.
When I randomly select the winner, I'll look at his/her posts. If they are what I deem to be of lower quality, I'll reselect a winner. I'm not looking for people to write eBooks within the forums. Good, solid posts and contributions will do just fine. If I see three posts that contain 3-4 words -- "I agree"... "I'm with you"... then they would likely miss out on a terrific opportunity.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
When I randomly select the winner, I'll look at his/her posts. If they are what I deem to be of lower quality, I'll reselect a winner. I'm not looking for people to write eBooks within the forums. Good, solid posts and contributions will do just fine. If I see three posts that contain 3-4 words -- "I agree"... "I'm with you"... then they would likely miss out on a terrific opportunity.
So to be considered for the contest, we have to be a member, and post three quality posts at least, from now until September?

Fantastic! Easy rules and common sense! :)

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
I agree
wink2.gif

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I should also note that your post doesn't have to "impart knowledge". In fact, it could be quite the opposite. Have a question, this is as good a time as any to post away in the forums.

The object here is simple. Get folks active and posting good quality content that generates on topic discussion. The minimum required post count is so that members don't have to try too hard. Natural interaction on the forum will do the trick.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
I should also note that your post doesn't have to "impart knowledge". In fact, it could be quite the opposite. Have a question, this is as good a time as any to post away in the forums.

The object here is simple. Get folks active and posting good quality content that generates on topic discussion. The minimum required post count is so that members don't have to try too hard. Natural interaction on the forum will do the trick.
Sounds good. Still wondering whether it's 3 or 4, though. Because you know someone who doesn't end up winning will bring that up. Fine print says four under How to Enter, twice, then says 3 under To become eligible. News post says 3. First post of this thread says 4. If I gotta work up 4 quality posts, I'm gonna have to wrack my brain at least 33% harder than if I only have to do 3. :D (not that it's that hard, it's just my brain is pretty well fried the last few days)

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Sounds good. Still wondering whether it's 3 or 4, though. Because you know someone who doesn't end up winning will bring that up. Fine print says four under How to Enter, twice, then says 3 under To become eligible. News post says 3. First post of this thread says 4. If I gotta work up 4 quality posts, I'm gonna have to wrack my brain at least 33% harder than if I only have to do 3. :D (not that it's that hard, it's just my brain is pretty well fried the last few days)
From what I've seen on the forum for the contest, you need to be active and a member of the forum, and post three quality posts. I haven't seen any "4" posts needed.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Updated! That's what happens with crossposting, banner creation and rules generation. I always miss something somewhere.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
From what I've seen on the forum for the contest, you need to be active and a member of the forum, and post three quality posts. I haven't seen any "4" posts needed.
There's one right here in this thread...
Make just (4) valid contributions between now and the day after the announcement...
and two there, on the rules page
http://www.everythingicafe.com/everythingicafe-iphone-5-giveway-rules-and-regulations/ said:
sign up for the Forums and make a minimum of four prior to the announcement of the new iPhone. If you are an existing member of the forums, you must have a minimum of four posts between July 31st, 2012 and the date of the official introduction of the new iPhone but not before September 12th.
edit: chris, you ninja! nicely done
wink2.gif
edit2: still 4 on the rules page, though.