Win an iPhone 5 from everythingiCafe

Discussion in 'Contests and Giveaways' started by chris, Jul 31, 2012.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Like we've done so many times before, we're doing a random giveaway for a new iPhone 5. Technically, we're going to pay for a new iPhone for some lucky contestant. Entry is dead simple. Make just (3) valid contributions between now and the day after the announcement. Off topic posts do not count. You'll also need to share the contest post on either Facebook or Twitter, so you can share this awesome contest with others.

You can read the full Win an iPhone 5 from everythingiCafe post, with complete rules and regulations available here.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  2. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I need to move to America so I can get involved in these competitions :(

• Like Like x 1
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Either that or Apple has be more lenient when it comes to allowing for purchasing gift cards for folks outside of the US.

5. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

I'd suggest making the prize an actual physical iPhone to get around that problem, but then you'd need to be filthy rich, cause you'd have to buy it at the unsubsidized price to send it to them, and pay shipping fees, customs, and whatnot...

Here's hoping this site explodes in popularity and makes you filthy rich wink2.gif

Also, is it 3 or is it 4?

6. Indy

Indy Zealot
    Gold

Hmmm, win this and I can get that iPad mini with the money I would have bought my wife's new phone with, lol.

7. bballrob

bballrob Evangelist
    Gold

wow, someone like me that actually reads the fine print?

And just out of curiosity, how will we know when we've met the quality posts requirement? Surely there is some subjectivity in that requirement. Not that I don't think you can't be fair. I'm just wondering if you will post a running list somewhere so we know when we have met the criteria.

• Like Like x 1
  8. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

To become eligible, you must become a registered member of the everythingiCafe
    It's for new members

9. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I'll correct that wording. It's for members.

10. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Or you could enter the upcoming iPad mini contest we'll be running on Facebook. *

*maybe, but most likely happening.

11. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

When I randomly select the winner, I'll look at his/her posts. If they are what I deem to be of lower quality, I'll reselect a winner. I'm not looking for people to write eBooks within the forums. Good, solid posts and contributions will do just fine. If I see three posts that contain 3-4 words -- "I agree"... "I'm with you"... then they would likely miss out on a terrific opportunity.

12. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

So to be considered for the contest, we have to be a member, and post three quality posts at least, from now until September?

Fantastic! Easy rules and common sense! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Oh I clicked on all the buttons and pined it (what is my most puplic place)
    off to post some quality

• Like Like x 1
  14. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

Shared with FB, Twitter and G+. All I need now are 3 quality posts. Hmmm....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

• Like Like x 1
  15. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

I agree wink2.gif

16. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Post voided.:sneaky:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I should also note that your post doesn't have to "impart knowledge". In fact, it could be quite the opposite. Have a question, this is as good a time as any to post away in the forums.

The object here is simple. Get folks active and posting good quality content that generates on topic discussion. The minimum required post count is so that members don't have to try too hard. Natural interaction on the forum will do the trick.

18. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

Sounds good. Still wondering whether it's 3 or 4, though. Because you know someone who doesn't end up winning will bring that up. Fine print says four under How to Enter, twice, then says 3 under To become eligible. News post says 3. First post of this thread says 4. If I gotta work up 4 quality posts, I'm gonna have to wrack my brain at least 33% harder than if I only have to do 3. :D (not that it's that hard, it's just my brain is pretty well fried the last few days)

19. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

From what I've seen on the forum for the contest, you need to be active and a member of the forum, and post three quality posts. I haven't seen any "4" posts needed.

20. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Updated! That's what happens with crossposting, banner creation and rules generation. I always miss something somewhere.

21. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

There's one right here in this thread...
    and two there, on the rules page
    edit: chris, you ninja! nicely done wink2.gif edit2: still 4 on the rules page, though.