Win an iPhone 5 from everythingiCafe

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
You -could- visit us during the week of the giveaway, have a few drinks, win the phone, then quietly sneak out the back door and go back to the UK. You would have to unlock it, but that's not a biggie.

If you don't win the phone, you will have hung out with some wonderful eiC members. Win-win.

Sent from my alphanumeric pager.
I've just been thinking about it, your plan is fundamentally flawed... :D

The price of a plane ticket plus food and accommodation would be twice if not triple the price of the next iPhone... however, I could try and get to the US through work, I know we may have some big contracts over there soon, BMS HVAC stuff.

Girdler

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 1, 2012
The contest post doesn't say that we have to post in here, but previously we have been requested to. Since I'm still using the iPhone 4(within a few weeks of when it was released for Verizon) I'm wanting a change of pace. Been waiting to upgrade until the iPhone '5' comes out. Guess we'll see how this goes.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
The contest post doesn't say that we have to post in here, but previously we have been requested to. Since I'm still using the iPhone 4(within a few weeks of when it was released for Verizon) I'm wanting a change of pace. Been waiting to upgrade until the iPhone '5' comes out. Guess we'll see how this goes.
Correct. This thread exists to inform members of the contest, answer any questions you might have and allow me to see where I might have any rules typos.:)

Instead of one giant contest thread (which doesn't really serve the interests of the greater forum community), I figured we'd make it a more general contribution in terms of posting.

Girdler

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 1, 2012
Correct. This thread exists to inform members of the contest, answer any questions you might have and allow me to see where I might have any rules typos.:)

Instead of one giant contest thread (which doesn't really serve the interests of the greater forum community), I figured we'd make it a more general contribution in terms of posting.
Makes sense, just wanting to make sure that I wasn't missing anything. Ha. ;)

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Yes, if you look at the terms, the contest essentially will pay for a subsidized sixth generation iPhone.
I was really good at reading terms, conditions, rules, commandments, and the like at one point in my life. I don't know where I went wrong! I loved this clause:

Image shown is not actual sixth generation iPhone, but a rendering of what it might look like.
Shared on FB, Twitter, and G+!
US Resident! (Just Florida, unfortunately... :()
18+ y/o!
Quality Posts forthcoming!

gadgetgal

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Quality post requirement is no issue. I can think of 3 right now. LOL, not that I think I would win anyway, but I'm excluded from the contest because I'm not on Facebook or Twitter. But it's just the principle that I can't enter and didn't just join the forum today to try to win. Been a member actually from the start of iPhone in 2007 so that's 5 years! the forum server switched over so I remember re- registering or something but with my original username still intact.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Quality post requirement is no issue. I can think of 3 right now. LOL, not that I think I would win anyway, but I'm excluded from the contest because I'm not on Facebook or Twitter. But it's just the principle that I can't enter and didn't just join the forum today to try to win. Been a member actually from the start of iPhone in 2007 so that's 5 years! the forum server switched over so I remember re- registering or something but with my original username still intact.
You have a cat as an avatar and have been a member since 2007. I'm guessing there has to be a clause in the rules that allows for your entry.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
On the Facebook page for eiC, it says "xxx like this, yyy talking about this". Does anyone know how to get into "talking about this" area?

Sent from my alphanumeric pager.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Great idea, boss!
Should keep the forum jumping.
Not that it's an issue, especially with yesterday's news of the september event and subsequent launch date seem confirmed by independent sources now....
Now to paraphrase RoofMonkey Europa Bennyboy iPhonewarrior Rugaby and others so I can attain the quality post count needed.... :D
Don't look at me, I'm not even gonna try to win this time, I'll leave the door open for someone else that might not be able to afford it so it's truly appreciate it. I'll try the quality post anyway (y)

gadgetgal

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
You have a cat as an avatar and have been a member since 2007. I'm guessing there has to be a clause in the rules that allows for your entry.
Thanks Chris. I do appreciate the consideration, and LOL, cat avatar and all-that's my buddy.
You are always a nice guy. Thanks again.

DCronkhite

Bronze
May 30, 2008
I have to say I'm pretty disappointed with what I'm seeing from Apple on this revision of the iPhone. I've been using them since v1.0 and this feels very underwhelming to me.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I have to say I'm pretty disappointed with what I'm seeing from Apple on this revision of the iPhone. I've been using them since v1.0 and this feels very underwhelming to me.
I'd hold off on passing judgment just yet on the new iPhone. I don't think the leaks so it any justice. The larger display, while at times doesn't appear to be much, will make a big difference on your everyday use. It's also going to be a much improved display, which in itself is amazing considering the quality of the retina display we have now.

DCronkhite

Bronze
May 30, 2008
Maybe Chris, but this will be 2 iterations since the last really landmark change (iPhone 4), where Apple's design has left me pretty unimpressed. The 4S was a HUGE letdown for a lot of people expecting Apple to continue their path of innovation, and now the 5 is looking to be much the same. I was fortunate enough to get my hands on a Lumia 900 to play with for a month, and after I was done, it was VERY hard to go back to the smaller screen on the 4. I was really hoping Apple would get in the game with a significantly larger screen. 1/2" change in length just isn't going to make much of a difference.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Nothing official has come from
Apple yet, so you can still hope for something totally different :)

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Maybe Chris, but this will be 2 iterations since the last really landmark change (iPhone 4), where Apple's design has left me pretty unimpressed. The 4S was a HUGE letdown for a lot of people expecting Apple to continue their path of innovation, and now the 5 is looking to be much the same. I was fortunate enough to get my hands on a Lumia 900 to play with for a month, and after I was done, it was VERY hard to go back to the smaller screen on the 4. I was really hoping Apple would get in the game with a significantly larger screen. 1/2" change in length just isn't going to make much of a difference.
Gave me a good idea for an editorial, so thank you!;)

These are not the giant iPhones you are looking for...

Last edited: