Windows 10 updates are small pieces of abyss that come in mysterious black boxes

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
w10.jpg

Would you take pills prescribed by your doctor without knowing what's in them?

What if the prescription label only read "Provides various improvements to your mood and mental stability" but didn't list the active ingredient? Would you take it?

Obviously not.

So why would you trust a corporation to install software updates on your computer without telling you what's in them? Microsoft apparently expects Windows 10 users to do so. Do you think this is fair? Are you going to avoid upgrading to Windows 10 because of this?

Some have stated that they expect to stay on Windows 7 for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Disregarding your hyperbolic thread title, I think most people have decided to stay on Windows 7 if that's what they already have. That includes me. This has been discussed elsewhere long ago in many outlets.

You're not installing a gateway to hell here; you're installing an operating system. There have always been unknowns with new systems; this really isn't anything new. If someone doesn't care for the descriptions of updates, they don't have to install them.

Earlier iOS updates were very similar.

ricks2gtouch

Zealot
Silver
Feb 20, 2009
Florida
I have installed Windows 10 on my personal laptop with no problems. After using mine one evening, my wife asked me to install on hers as well. We were both on Windows 8.1. W10 actually corrected my ongoing wireless adapter problem.

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
This Minion of Satan has also migrated from Windows 7 to 10 on my laptop and primary computer at home. I am quite happy with the results but I am not going into this blind however. I have disabled Windows 10's attempt to deliver updates to others using my PC and Internet connection and will watch out for any other hidden quirks that may pop up and deal with them when they do.