Windows 10

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Do any of you with PC's plan on upgrading to the new Windows 10?. I think I will wait for about 6 months and see how reviews are, and any compatibility issues with software.

windows10banner.png

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I've been using the preview in a VM for a while, and just upgraded my gaming PC.

Don't worry, it's still windows, frustrating and nonsensical as ever.

Diane B

Bronze
Apr 20, 2010
No, not now at least. In fact, contemplating moving to Mac. I found my Lightroom is cross platform and I can live without Photoshop or use it on the PC if needed. My PC is custom built to my specs for Photoshop primarily but having used IOS on Ipad and Iphone for over 4 years I may decide I want the better integration of the three devices. In any case, I'll wait. I never was tempted by Win 8.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I've been using Windows 10 preview builds for a while now as my main system and I really like it, but at the end of the day I still believe Windows 7 is the best release they had since Windows XP and will remain that way for a long time to come.

Last edited:

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
I used a beta release of 10 for about a month and liked what I found. But like others I will wait for a month or two before taking the plunge. My son is installing it in a spare box to play with it before he makes up his mind and I will probably follow his lead. I am still happy with windows 7 and am in no rush to upgrade.