Windows 7 and iPhone?

smileyman

Bronze
Aug 3, 2008
When I plug my iPhone in, Windows 7 picks it up right away as "Apple iPhone". Unfortunately iTunes says it cannot connect to the iPhone because of an exceptional error.

Anyone have this problem and get it working?

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
When I plug my iPhone in, Windows 7 picks it up right away as "Apple iPhone". Unfortunately iTunes says it cannot connect to the iPhone because of an exceptional error.

Anyone have this problem and get it working?
Windows 7 is still in beta and the iPhone's specs don't event list it in the PC requirements yet as being compatible.

Windows Vista; or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 2 or later

I don't think you should expect anything at all until Windows 7 is out of beta and sold commercially.

smileyman

Bronze
Aug 3, 2008
Build 7000.. the public beta version. I read articles where people say their ipod worked fine with iTunes in win7. I don't see why the iPhone would be any different.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
when does it fail?

I haven't tried to sync yet(because it's synced with a different library), but iTunes recognizes mine just fine.

smileyman

Bronze
Aug 3, 2008
i didn't even know windows 7 was in beta. How old is vista?
Ya, public beta was released a couple days ago... and it is solid. I hear they're talking about final release early next year. I've never been a huge windows fan, but I'm loving win7. It's like an improved Vista, with the speed of XP.

smileyman

Bronze
Aug 3, 2008
when does it fail?

I haven't tried to sync yet(because it's synced with a different library), but iTunes recognizes mine just fine.
hmm.. I just tried plugging it in again and it worked this time. Maybe I hadn't rebooted after some updates or something? And it sync's no problem. :)

Njshoremom4gurlz

Contributor
Silver
Sep 13, 2011
Windows 7 is still in beta and the iPhone's specs don't event list it in the PC requirements yet as being compatible.

Windows Vista; or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 2 or later

I don't think you should expect anything at all until Windows 7 is out of beta and sold commercially.

I believe my new laptop is windows 7 bought at Walmart on black Friday
It's still in its original box.
It for my teenager but hmmm can't wait to see whats next lol

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app