Windows Mail

Jan 25, 2008
Hiya guys

I use windows mail on my laptop running Vista Home Premium. Upgraded the other day to iPhone software version 1.1.3 and latest iTunes 7.6.

However now when ever i sync my phone i get a message saying.....
"Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client."

Now as the iPhone cannot sync with windows calendar i do not have that option selected, and the only option i have selected with regards to mail is the contacts which syncs with windows contacts. This was working perfectly with no messages coming up before i updated but now since both the updates i get this message every single time, but it seems weird as nothing else has changed, and my contacts still update!

Any suggestions?

Dom

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Hiya guys

I use windows mail on my laptop running Vista Home Premium. Upgraded the other day to iPhone software version 1.1.3 and latest iTunes 7.6.

However now when ever i sync my phone i get a message saying.....
"Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client."

Now as the iPhone cannot sync with windows calendar i do not have that option selected, and the only option i have selected with regards to mail is the contacts which syncs with windows contacts. This was working perfectly with no messages coming up before i updated but now since both the updates i get this message every single time, but it seems weird as nothing else has changed, and my contacts still update!

Any suggestions?

Dom

Are you a pop account?

When your phone is docked to iTunes, and in the summary panel under INFO, there are 3 things there, contacts, calendar, mail accounts. Make sure you have checkmarked SYNC account on all three to OUTLOOK, and the bottom one should be checked also should show the email account there.

Jan 25, 2008
no, its an imap account (gmail) and i use windows contacts when syncing.

Why should i sync all three to outlook when i do not use this program? Am i missing something here bud?