Windows Mobile on iPhone?

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
Was reading somewhere on xda-developers that a group of mods have been working of hacking the iPhone with the intention of putting Windows mobile6...or some semblance of it....
It doesn't seem possible ...but be interesting to play with if they did.

S

Starry

Was reading somewhere on xda-developers that a group of mods have been working of hacking the iPhone with the intention of putting Windows mobile6...or some semblance of it....
It doesn't seem possible ...but be interesting to play with if they did.

That's strange... Why would Apple put a Windows Product on their product.. but hey stranger things have happened! LOL... We shall see I guess

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I read about 2 weeks ago that Windows Mobile 7 was being made to work with a touch interface. I would not be surprised that it would be available to load on the iPhone. Someone doing it sooner with WM6 is inevitable.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Windows mobile can do some very cool stuff. If you've never owned/tweaked one, it may seem clumsy and archaic, but it is VERY open-ended. That alone would make it seductive for a geek.

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
Who would want Windows Mobile on an iPhone?

- John
Depends on who you ask really. If there was an iPhone VMware solution, I'd want Windows Mobile on my iPhone for sure. The OS is old, and as such its like Palm in the software department, its pretty robust. I'd be fine with even WM2000.

There are quite a few things that PocketPC can do better in some respects than the iPhone, but thats only because the means for doing it on the iPhone doesn't exist yet, or is still in it's infancy. VNC, for example, is rock solid and very easy to use for PocketPC.