Windows PC reboots before iPhone sync

superbox

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
I originally activated my phone through my PC, put on music, photos, etc. Now when I try, the computer pops up a bubble in the lower right hand and says it recognizes something and then the computer restarts. So I can't sync it anymore. Anyone have any advice?

britt72

Jul 3, 2007
Sounds like you're getting the blue screen crash, or something like it, due to having taken photos with your iPhone. Your computer is now recognizing your iPhone as a camera and it crashes your system. Read through this thread, and see if it helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

superbox

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
thank you!

I did a search and didn't see that. Thanks so much for redirecting me!

yohamed

Jul 11, 2007
Hello - I am having a similar problem with my iPhone. When I plug it into the USB port, my computer immediately reboots - no errors or anything, just suddenly black screen and then to the POST (power on self-test). I found a workaround which allows me to sync - the trick is to set a passcode. To sync:

1. Make sure the device is off/locked when you plug it into the usb port.
2. Quickly slide to unlock
3. Type in the passcode that you specified (in Settings | Passcode Lock)

If I get through these steps quickly enough, iTunes recognizes the iPhone and everything works great, enough to sync music and videos. Although, I cannot copy any pictures off of my iPhone.

superbox

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
I just did as the post to the other thread said and uninstalled the Logictech drivers and it's no longer a problem.