Windows phone 7.5 mango

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tdrew000, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Tdrew000

Tdrew000 New Member

Ok now Im new here and I understand that this is the iPhone forum but I wanna port wp7.5 mango onto my iPhone because the iPhones hardware kicks butt and looks fantastic and the wp7 software is so simple and to the point. Could anyone help me with this? I have seen Android software on the iPhone and I figured this was probably possible too. I would be extremely grateful.

2. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

I've not heard of this being done by even the most experienced hackers, let alone an average user.

3. Tdrew000

Tdrew000 New Member

Is it just that it's too new or is it just not gonna happen?

4. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

I doubt it's gonna happen, but that's just my feeling. I can't imagine there's enough user interest to invest the time to get it working, apart from maybe a rough proof-of-concept.

5. Tdrew000

Tdrew000 New Member

Didn't they do it with Android?
    And some people have big hopes for mango. I'm not sure....... Those live tiles are so freckin cool!

6. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

Check modmyi. That's where I got the link to the port for Android on the iPhone. Rocked that for a while back in the day. Mango would be very cool on a iPhone. If it will be anywhere it will be there. I was told here that Android on the iPhone wasn't possible.

7. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

Not sure if they e done it with Android, but I have to wonder just how stable it is. But I could be wrong.

8. Tdrew000

Tdrew000 New Member

You know that crappy dream board fake? That's what I'm running now and I believe that is modmyi but it isn't anything but the springboard that changed. I'll look into a port tho from modmyi. Thank you.

9. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

Android was actually pretty stable on the iPhone. Unless you tried to access the Apple Appstore...LOL. Bluetooth never worked...I don't use it anyway....and the stock camera function would crash if you tried to use the timer to take a group picture. Maybe that's a iPhone thing since Apple hasn't included that feature ever.

10. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

Not even seeing a port of WP7 to an Android device. Probably because it's the same OEMs so just buying the WP7 phone outright makes more sense.

On an iPhone, you'd be missing the crucial buttons so you'd have to sacrifice realestate effectively making it a ~3.2"

You might want to check XDA or other WP7 hackers as well.

Good luck :)

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

11. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

Meh...it was on XDA that I got the Android port...not modmyi

That's twice tonight. Not enough caffeine

12. Tdrew000

Tdrew000 New Member

Does anyone think that of given time it would come to the iPhone or should I just sell the iPhone and get the Samsung focus s...?

13. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

If you really want WP7, sell your iPhone. There's no guarantee it'll ever happen, and even if it does, how complete, stable, and easy to install it will be.

14. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

Agree.

If you want the actual, fluid experience of mango, just get a Windows phone. Installing a port is not the easiest and certainly not the best way to do it. It's good for the cool, geeky factor but it's not going to be as it should.

15. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I'd be interested in progress you make on this, I like software ports like Bootlace etc.

#15 iphonewarrior, Nov 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2013
  16. Tdrew000

Tdrew000 New Member

I found a similar topic somewhere else and they ended up all just using very good themes. I looked into it and they're alright but again the theme is just for the springboard. I wanna get the full deal with the live tiles and integration and that sexy black background. We should just check in here if we find something... Sound good?