Windows to Mac

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
So before I get to my question, I hope that everyone had a nice Thanksgiving and is not going to be a part of the madness that is Black Friday.

I am looking to buy my first Mac. I have been a Windows user since the days of 3.11 and feel like it is time to make a jump to the other side. It also makes sense to me that if you already have an iPhone that you should have a Mac too.

The question that I have is where is the best place to buy a Mac? I am not so keen on the idea of buying a computer off Craigslist. I also was looking at Amazon, Newegg, and Best Buy. What would you recommend?

Sent using iCafe app

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
Since Macs are basically fair traded I'd say just go buy it at the Apple Store if you have one around you.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I bought mine straight from Apple's website. Although the Mac is expensive, even the smaller 13", it has lasted me several years now and it's still going, minus the battery needed taken out and put back in.

I wouldn't recommend getting a used one at all, especially off of Craigslist. People often don't fully tell everything that you need to know about the laptop they are selling to you.

If you have the money to pay for a new Mac, I would go for getting one straight from the source, Apple. If you don't want to wait, you can of course go to an Authorized reseller, such as Best Buy.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Best Buy is fine if you don't live near an Apple Store and don't want to have it shipped. I got both of my Macs and two of my iPads at Best Buy. One advantage of going through them is you get rewards points (discounts off future purchases) for every dollar you spend.