Windshield mount

Drex27

Apr 18, 2011
Is there any type of mount for the car whether it be windshield or vent mount that would hold my iPhone 4 with the otterbox case on it.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
They are adjustable and will work with a case on the phone. I didn't want a removable holder, so I used a satellite radio dash mounting kit and attached an grip iPod holder to the bracket after discarding the vent clip.

Drex27

Apr 18, 2011
I actually found a really good mount on amazon that fits the otterbox case perfectly, it's called the slip grip car holder for iPhone 4 using otterbox defender

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Thanks Drex, I like the short neck on that one compared to the long neck on the one I've been using. Are you having any problems with vibration? I've had to dampen mine with small pieces of foam between the neck and the dashboard.

Drex27

Apr 18, 2011
It does vibrate a little bit, but not really enough to bother me while driving.. So far I love it, and it works great with my fm transmitter

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
You can read some of the reviews for car mounts over at Amazon. The thing I don't like about windshield mounts is that they "advertise" the fact that you have some sort of GPS in the car by leaving a ring on the inside of the windshield. My favorite device, before I got my present vehicle with a factory installed GPS, was a bean bag style of mount made by Garmin. It sat on the dash holding my device while in use but I could easily stow it under a car seat at my destination. Amazon also has some cup holder style mounts. I haven't seen any beanbag style mounts yet for the iPhone unfortunately.

YMMV