winpwn! am i doing something wrong?

okay so ive used winpwn before and it was really easy... but i just upgraded to the 2.0 firmware and want to jailbreak with winpwn. i downloaded the latest winpwn and the 2.0 firmware already... i start up winpwn... browse iswp... select the 2.0 firmware i downloaded... then i go to make my own iswp... and it says it starts up... but it never does then it just crashes! both the iswp builder and winpwn crash... am i doing something wrong? please any help will be greatly appreciated... :laugh2:

krisobe

Jul 20, 2007
Hmmmm... make sure all other applications are turned off. Ya try that...

ok so I tried it again... When I'm creating a new ipsw... It goes about 1/4 the way on the download bar, and then it says failed to create IPSW! Do you want to close the ipsw builder?

Has someone else had this happen?
Does anyone know the fix?

Please anyone with info... Let me know please..
Thank you

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
check on the factory 2.0 ipsw.

is it iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347.ipsw
or iPhone1,1_2.0_5A345.ipsw?

the 5A345 build is no longer supported, download the 347 build here

http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite...080710.bgt53/iPhone1,2_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw

then tell me exactly what options you are choosing in all the tabs

your computer should have at least 300 MB of RAM available during the ipsw build process.

and finally, if nothing else works, i'll build an ipsw for you and send you the link for a torrent..

rocco

Jul 4, 2007
I am having the same issue
help

check on the factory 2.0 ipsw.

is it iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347.ipsw
or iPhone1,1_2.0_5A345.ipsw?

the 5A345 build is no longer supported, download the 347 build here

http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite...080710.bgt53/iPhone1,2_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw

then tell me exactly what options you are choosing in all the tabs

your computer should have at least 300 MB of RAM available during the ipsw build process.

and finally, if nothing else works, i'll build an ipsw for you and send you the link for a torrent..

I'm using the one ending in 347...
When I go into winpwn to build the ipsw I select install cydia and I unselect the activate phone... And that's it... am I doing everything right?

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
press windows key + Pause Break.

system prefs should pop up

tell me how much RAM you have.

sexyXme<3

Aug 2, 2008
e¥e now how yoo can makes it work. yoo can startt buy stop beinn a fuglhy ass$ biotch. ya here?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
e¥e now how yoo can makes it work. yoo can startt buy stop beinn a fuglhy ass$ biotch. ya here?
Dude, what the hell? That is pretty messed up of you to just go and say that to someone, especially one like free2rhyme whose nothing close to ugly.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
no.

I hope you get banned.

and to Free2Rhyme - do you want me to build a custom firmware for you? if so, tell me what pictures you want, and what options, and ill try to get it built and torrented by the end of the day. do you know how to use torrents?

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Instead of coming off like the gangsta you think you are, you come off looking like an idiotic completely uneducated useless and hopeless punk ass skinny white boy-wannabe. The real biotch!

no.

I hope you get banned.

and to Free2Rhyme - do you want me to build a custom firmware for you? if so, tell me what pictures you want, and what options, and ill try to get it built and torrented by the end of the day. do you know how to use torrents?
so I went and got a gig of ram from bestbuy so I'm going to try one more time... If it crashes again, I'll pm you if that's cool... Thanks for the help

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
wait, you have less than 300mb of RAM in your computer? how does it run the OS?

anywho let me know how that gets sorted out
i've been gone for a week and still haven't JB 2.0 yet

wait, you have less than 300mb of RAM in your computer? how does it run the OS?

anywho let me know how that gets sorted out
i've been gone for a week and still haven't JB 2.0 yet

lol yes i have for about two years now... i never realized it i guess... but i got a gig and a half now so i think im good... i just jailbroke my phone right now and everything seems to be running pretty good... except for cydia which hung on an update but i just did a hard reset and it worked...