Winpwn for2.1 firmware / Windows Release Date?

Jul 18, 2007
East Palmdale, California
Anyone know if it's coming soon, I want to J-Break it again.

I know it takes time and appreciate the work they are doing, not being an ******* but wondering how much longer it may be.

Appreciate it.

teambash

Bronze
Aug 20, 2008
why if winpwn comes out for windows is it easier to jb?

Jay21fire

Aug 24, 2008
Yes there is. if you have had your phone pwned before just download a custom firmware and and plug phone in hit shift+restore choose firmware and boom done you got 2.1

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Yes there is. if you have had your phone pwned before just download a custom firmware and and plug phone in hit shift+restore choose firmware and boom done you got 2.1
obviously you did zero research before posting your first post. This does not work.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
You can follow these instructions for a Windows Jailbreak:

http://www.quickpwn.com/2008/09/jailbreak-iphone-21.html

I just did it this morning and as long as you follow the instructions to the letter, it works great.
Just saw your post! Going to do this now...thnx for the confirmation that it does, in fact, work for us windows (handicapped) users!

Thanks a million and it looks easy enough..just several steps with assorted downloads, that's all. I'll see you in an hour or so when it's done!:laugh2::laugh2:

teambash

Bronze
Aug 20, 2008
please let me know if this works want to do this tonight.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
UPDATE: It works. I have installer and cydia on my homescreen. Going to install some third party apps like winterboard right now.....It worked great, by the way. No troublew at all

My question is, can I now update to iTunes 8.0?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
please let me know if this works want to do this tonight.
It works great. I did it this morning and have been setting up jailbreak apps all day now with no issues.

Bossprefs, Categories, OpenSSH, Tunewiki, Flashlight... all my appstore apps... everything is working just fine.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
It works great. I did it this morning and have been setting up jailbreak apps all day now with no issues.

Bossprefs, Categories, OpenSSH, Tunewiki, Flashlight... all my appstore apps... everything is working just fine.
Can we now update to 8.0 iTunes..?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Well, there are reports that the retrograde to iTunes 7.7 isn't really necessary. Considering that iTunes isn't really involved in the Quickpwn process at all (to my knowledge... other than originally getting the stock 2.1 on your phone), I don't see why you need to downgrade.

But yeah, once I did the pwn, I updated to 8.0 again and I'm good as gold now.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I hear ya... I'm just beside myself with joy right now. I wish I had saved my custom summerboard theme, though! Oh well, I got a ton of new apps now anyway, so time to build it again...

msu1972

Sep 16, 2008
when running the QuickPwn-GUI. i get stuck at where it ask me to browse for the firmware bundle (IPSW). i see that there are two bundle folder but when i click on it in the GUI, i don't see anything to select? am is suppose to rename something or add something into the fold?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
when running the QuickPwn-GUI. i get stuck at where it ask me to browse for the firmware bundle (IPSW). i see that there are two bundle folder but when i click on it in the GUI, i don't see anything to select? am is suppose to rename something or add something into the fold?
You should browse to a legit 2.1 firmware from Apple (if you've already upgraded through iTunes, you should find the FW file in c:/documents and settings/[user]/application data/Apple computer/iTunes/iPhone software updates.

If the firmware you select isn't compatible, it will just sit there and do nothing. If you select the proper one, you will get a green checkmark and will be able to proceed...

msu1972

Sep 16, 2008
great got it, thanks for the help psylichon!

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX