WinPwn/QuickPwn Help

doiknowy0u

Oct 9, 2008
Essentially I've tried both programs and even different versions of both programs and still no luck. I have a 1st Gen 4gb 2.0.1 version iPhone. I've had so much trouble finding and downloading the correct IPSW's. But finally I ended up with two IPSWs, iPhone1,1_2.0.1_5B108_Restore and iPhone1,2_2.0.1_5B108_Restore.

Now upon trying QuickPwn first I had originally been lead to download iPhone1,2_2.0.1_5B108_Restore through my research. Nothing happens.

After several tries I finally give up and try WinPwn. As I use WinPwn it tells me iPhone1,2_2.0.1_5B108_Restore is invalid for the 2.0.1 firmware and go forth and search for iPhone1,1_2.0.1_5B108_Restore, which I finally get. Finally WinPwn accepts the file and I go on to do the jailbreak and still same results, absolutely nothing happens after the "30 seconds on home button".

Hoping for more luck I tried both programs with both obtained IPSWs. They both stop or close themselves once I reach the end of the final step being "30 seconds on the home button".

For QuickPwn it just closes the intaller window, and for WinPwn nothing happens and tells me something is wrong and that I did something wrong.

My Question/Requesting Help:

Why am I getting this and why isn't it working? Essentially what am I doing wrong? How do I make it work...:(

Also can someone please provide me the correct link to the correct IPSW for 2.0.1

I've done searches and everything so please don't think I just did nothing before I posted this. Also I want to unlock my phone because I'll be traveling so I need to be able to use within foreign countries.

Thanks to anyone who can help!:cool:

Essentially I've tried both programs and even different versions of both programs and still no luck. I have a 1st Gen 4gb 2.0.1 version iPhone. I've had so much trouble finding and downloading the correct IPSW's. But finally I ended up with two IPSWs, iPhone1,1_2.0.1_5B108_Restore and iPhone1,2_2.0.1_5B108_Restore.

Now upon trying QuickPwn first I had originally been lead to download iPhone1,2_2.0.1_5B108_Restore through my research. Nothing happens.

After several tries I finally give up and try WinPwn. As I use WinPwn it tells me iPhone1,2_2.0.1_5B108_Restore is invalid for the 2.0.1 firmware and go forth and search for iPhone1,1_2.0.1_5B108_Restore, which I finally get. Finally WinPwn accepts the file and I go on to do the jailbreak and still same results, absolutely nothing happens after the "30 seconds on home button".

Hoping for more luck I tried both programs with both obtain IPSWs. They both stop or close themselves once I reach the end of the final step being "30 seconds on the home button".

For QuickPwn it just closes the intaller window, and for WinPwn nothing happens and tells me something is wrong.

My Question/Requesting Help:

Why am I getting this and why isn't it work? Essentially what am I doing wrong? How do I make it work...:(

Also can someone please provide me the correct link to the correct IPSW for 2.0.1

I've done searches and everything so please don't think I just did nothing before I posted this. Also I want to unlock my phone because I'll be traveling so I need to be able to use within foreign countries.

Thanks to anyone who can help!:cool:
i don't have the link to where i got mine but if you do a google search im sure there will be one there... make sure its the correct firmware for your V1 phone. and make sure you have enough ram installed on your computer for the process or else it will fail... Quickpwn is very easy... pm me if you have any trouble and i can send you a link to a website with the correct firmware

doiknowy0u

Oct 9, 2008
I sent you a PM for the IPSW link. Thanks.

Now for solving why both programs aren't unlocking my phone lol...

twista_8604

Bronze
Mar 6, 2008
washington
yes i am having the same problems! i get to the last step with winpwn and after i hold for 30 seconds the program crashes...

im using the file

iPhone1,1_2.0.1_5B108_Restore

can sombody pm me with the right file.. im pretty sure this is the one. do i need to keep iTunes open while i do this?

yes i am having the same problems! i get to the last step with winpwn and after i hold for 30 seconds the program crashes...

im using the file

iPhone1,1_2.0.1_5B108_Restore

can sombody pm me with the right file.. im pretty sure this is the one. do i need to keep iTunes open while i do this?
no do not keep iTunes open thats the worst thing to do... before you open winpwn close iTunes...but may i suggest quickpwn... it is easier, faster,and safe... i've been having a problem with winpwn and crashing so i've been using quickpwn...

twista_8604

Bronze
Mar 6, 2008
washington
no do not keep iTunes open thats the worst thing to do... before you open winpwn close iTunes...but may i suggest quickpwn... it is easier, faster,and safe... i've been having a problem with winpwn and crashing so i've been using quickpwn...
i have tryed that but i cant find a good site for quickpwn. eveywhere i go it wont download. plus will it unlock my phone? everybody just talks about jailbreak but not unlocking it.

alright, forget that.... i figured quickpwn is just a different mode of winpwn, but i used quickpwn and it jailbroke fine but it wouldn't reconize my service. no bars and didn't say t-mobile. i don't think quickpwn unlocked my phone.

i restored to 2.0.1

went back and tryed to use winpwn but it just crashed again once i put the phone in DFU mode.

i have tryed that but i cant find a good site for quickpwn. eveywhere i go it wont download. plus will it unlock my phone? everybody just talks about jailbreak but not unlocking it.

alright, forget that.... i figured quickpwn is just a different mode of winpwn, but i used quickpwn and it jailbroke fine but it wouldn't reconize my service. no bars and didn't say t-mobile. i don't think quickpwn unlocked my phone.

i restored to 2.0.1

went back and tryed to use winpwn but it just crashed again once i put the phone in DFU mode.
it worked fine on my v1... i updated to 2.1 so i used quickpwn because winpwn kept crashing on me... i stuck in an old cingular sim and it works perfectly...

twista_8604

Bronze
Mar 6, 2008
washington
it worked fine on my v1... i updated to 2.1 so i used quickpwn because winpwn kept crashing on me... i stuck in an old cingular sim and it works perfectly...
yes i found the program quickpwn 2.1 and it unlocked my phone version 2.0.1 now im about to restare to 2.1 and try to unlock that

i started a new tread also about another problem im having with appstore. maybe you can help me with that. it wont let me install any apps... keeps telling me failed