Winpwn with XP

AdrianCubed

Zealot
Gold
Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Hey guys, so ive wanted to jailbreak my iPhone and i finally got the courage to do it. I read up on everything, what to expect etc.

Now...i used winpwn but ive run into a problem. Winpwn wont display correctly on my XP computer. Everything on the right is cut off, and many things arent centered like many of the examples show.

Example... I get to the "are you with an official carrier" part, and the thumbs up and thumbs down are cut off and you cant even see them.

I wasn't able to jailbreak due to the fact that Winpwn's GUI isn't displaying right.

Now, someone suggested to change the pwn to Quickpwn, and do the jailbreak.

1) Is this the same as the regular jailbreak, just without the option to unlock (which is impossible with 3g).

2) I read somewhere that i need the .net framework for XP. Where can i get this, ive searched all over.

Thankx in advance

iPhone™

Bronze
Oct 4, 2008
Australia
1) QuickPwn is just a command interface instead of the Graphical user interface used with WinPwn, So basically theres no glossy buttons or anything, Just DOS box.

And yes it does jailbreak exactly like WinPwn.

2) The .net framework for XP is avaliable on the Microsoft website somewhere. Just type it into microsoft's search box.

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
Quickpwn does have a graphical interface.

Follow this guide here and you'll be fine.

You can get .NET framework here. I'm not sure where you searched but it's the top result in Google.

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
The main differences between QUickPwn and WinPwn is that quickpwn doesn't support custom payloads, IIRC, you won't be needing that.