winpwned 2.5: Cydia, installer, App Store not working

Sep 3, 2008
i winpwnd my phone this morning (btw winpwn 2.5 beta release works amazing)... for some reason in the appstore i can't connect to the iTunes store... in cydia i get a timeout and the same for the installer... i am not on the 3g version so i don't know if it's that and if so how do i downgrade or keep the 2.0 @ least and jailbreak that to work... should i be in a wifi to do it? i have the iPhone 2.0.2 now. also does anyone know any good sources for when i get this going? thanks!

OhWhyMe

Bronze
Jan 17, 2008
i winpwnd my phone this morning (btw winpwn 2.5 beta release works amazing)... for some reason in the appstore i can't connect to the iTunes store... in cydia i get a timeout and the same for the installer... i am not on the 3g version so i don't know if it's that and if so how do i downgrade or keep the 2.0 @ least and jailbreak that to work... should i be in a wifi to do it? i have the iPhone 2.0.2 now. also does anyone know any good sources for when i get this going? thanks!
I don't know what the problem could be but I could guess... Did you have iTunes updated to 7.7? Also did you restore from backup or set up as new? I have heard setting up as new is the way to go. Maybe just try restoring again and making sure iTunes updated and set up as new.

Sep 3, 2008
I don't know what the problem could be but I could guess... Did you have iTunes updated to 7.7? Also did you restore from backup or set up as new? I have heard setting up as new is the way to go. Maybe just try restoring again and making sure iTunes updated and set up as new.
im pretty sure i'm updated to 7.7 not @ my home computer now but would that have made a difference? and yes i restored using the winpwn created ipsw. file as new (which btw losing the contacts sucked)

Sep 3, 2008
i guess (based on the everythingicafe.com home page) that the data network is just down... could it just be that?

OhWhyMe

Bronze
Jan 17, 2008
im pretty sure i'm updated to 7.7 not @ my home computer now but would that have made a difference? and yes i restored using the winpwn created ipsw. file as new (which btw losing the contacts sucked)
You can save your contacts in outlook or even yahoo, then sync after you create as new. That was incase you ever have to do that again you don't lose all your contacts because that does suck!