winscp and SSH please explain

meltd0wn

Bronze
Feb 23, 2008
ok so i am starting to play here and there but i cant seem to find much info on either.

i would like someone to help me understand how to get and use this software.

i know what not to delete and stuff but i don't have an idea how to get and use this.

i am very new to this and i have searched but i don't see any help from the searches i have done google gives me links and product descriptions but not a how to.

I know this much installer has some great stuff iPhonebrowser sucks to use and howtos can be hard to find without the jargon like "just use ssh"

Please guys i would really appreciate some help i don't like asking dumb questions but im at a loss here.

Many thanks

Meltd0wn

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Install openssh onto your iPhone through installer. On your pc, install WINscp ( youight have to google. Its free) plug the iPhone up to to the pc, keep iTunes off, and run winscp. It will find the iPhone and you are then good to go. First time signing in takes a min.

Google the WINscp website... All your answers are there. Very easy program

meltd0wn

Bronze
Feb 23, 2008
is there a specific source i need to have in installer?

GADeputy

Bronze
Jan 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
plug the iPhone up to to the pc, It will find the iPhone and you are then good to go. First time signing in takes a min.
I don't even have to connect my iPhone to my computer. My laptop finds it via wifi.

justahsquirrel

Silver
Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
I don't even have to connect my iPhone to my computer. My laptop finds it via wifi.
your forgetting the important steps. on winscp
host name:root@your phones ipaddress
user name:root
pw: alpine
change drop down to scp

be sure that pc and iPhone are on the same network for it to work

hit login...first time it will take a min or two...

meltd0wn

Bronze
Feb 23, 2008
your forgetting the important steps. on winscp
host name:root@your phones ipaddress
user name:root
pw: alpine
change drop down to scp

be sure that pc and iPhone are on the same network for it to work

hit login...first time it will take a min or two...
Thanks mate this helped a lot I think someone should write a how to for uneducated people as there isn't much new info out there believe me I have looked

Many thanks

Meltd0wn

goobs22xx

Bronze
Sep 16, 2007
Last edited by a moderator: