WinSCP Help!

mflantin

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
I never really liked this program. I'm trying to Jailbreak my phone and it says to login to my phone using WinSCP so I can change the permissions on a file. I entered the IP Address, the login, pw, and for some reason, it won't let me connect to my phone. It says: Network Error: Connection Refused. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this?

mflantin

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
SSH is probably not turned on. Try installing the Services app (under the Utilities category) - it lets you quickly toggle SSH and other services On and Off ...
I couldn't find it in the Installer, so I installed it from iBrickr. Nothing showed up on the Springboard though. I also tried installing iToggle from the Installer, and when I click on the app, nothing happens...

mflantin

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
I couldn't find it in the Installer, so I installed it from iBrickr. Nothing showed up on the Springboard though. I also tried installing iToggle from the Installer, and when I click on the app, nothing happens...
I also just installed BossPrefs which has a Services/Settings app replacement, and it does have the toggle feature but SSH isn't showing up. Maybe iBrickr 0.9 is not compatible with 1.1.3?

mflantin

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
I also just installed BossPrefs which has a Services/Settings app replacement, and it does have the toggle feature but SSH isn't showing up. Maybe iBrickr 0.9 is not compatible with 1.1.3?
You know what, I think that's the case, I just tried installing another app using iBrickr, and that didn't work. This must mean I still don't have SSH on my phone. I can't seem to figure out how to download SSH into my phone using Installer, I wonder why it's not showing up on my list.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
You know what, I think that's the case, I just tried installing another app using iBrickr, and that didn't work. This must mean I still don't have SSH on my phone. I can't seem to figure out how to download SSH into my phone using Installer, I wonder why it's not showing up on my list.
I had some trouble with OpenSSH showing up in Installer immediately after running the dev team 113 Upgrader - but a couple restarts, refreshing sources etc. was all that was needed - are you definitely running current version of Installer as well?

mflantin

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
I had some trouble with OpenSSH showing up in Installer immediately after running the dev team 113 Upgrader - but a couple restarts, refreshing sources etc. was all that was needed - are you definitely running current version of Installer as well?
You know what, I gave up and restored my phone. Was running out of time at work so I'm going to give it another go once I get home. I was definitely running the current version of Installer too. Hopefully I'll have more luck doing it again at home. Thanks for the help and I'll post again later if I have any problems.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
You know what, I gave up and restored my phone. Was running out of time at work so I'm going to give it another go once I get home. I was definitely running the current version of Installer too. Hopefully I'll have more luck doing it again at home. Thanks for the help and I'll post again later if I have any problems.
OK - good luck, hope it goes smooth for ya at home ...