WinSCP not recognizing iPhone 2.1

Aug 1, 2007
I have a 3g iPhone at 2.1 jailbroken, it is not recognizing it. Ive uninstalled and installed winscp, entered the ip address of the iPhone, root, alpine, tried dottie as both passes, and used scp and its still not working. i have open ssh on my iPhone as well. i just uninstalled it, reinstalling now see what happens. any help ?

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Is your wifi on? I once sat in front of my computer baffled for 30 minutes trying to get WinSCP to connect and then realized the wifi on the phone was turned off.

Aug 1, 2007
Is your wifi on? I once sat in front of my computer baffled for 30 minutes trying to get WinSCP to connect and then realized the wifi on the phone was turned off.
Yeah I found the problem. Just now i followed all the settings on installing beejive and it wont install or show up. restarted the phone and everything, downloaded an app from the app store, nothing is working. permissions are already set and its in the applications folder with appstore, iTunes.app, etc.

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
why don't you try Disk Aid or i-funbox?! I use Disk Aid at work cause it doesn't require you to be on wifi.

http://www.digidna.net/diskaid/

To access the root file you just select the drop down menu on the bottom left. It automatically defaults to the media section.

Aug 1, 2007
why don't you try Disk Aid or i-funbox?! I use Disk Aid at work cause it doesn't require you to be on wifi.

http://www.digidna.net/diskaid/

To access the root file you just select the drop down menu on the bottom left. It automatically defaults to the media section.
I figured this part out,t hanks tho!

Aug 1, 2007
Cool, your last post sounded like you found out what the problem was but then wasn't it seemed like it wasn't working.
Well read my new topic, you may be able to help me out =D

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Did you try "alpine" as one of the passwords? Dottie was only for the earlier firmware versions.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I've noticed that since I updated to 2.1, I usually have to reboot the iPhone after turning SSH on. It works for me 100% after doing that.