winter snowboarding trip

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
i have only been snowboarding one place before, and that was Big Bear in California.

i want to plan a trip to go sometime after x-mas but i'm really not sure where is the best place. my friend said that Keystone has some pretty nice stuff so we might just go there.

i guess the main point is to find out good places to go that have a nice park.

i'm not the greatest snowboarder but i improve really quickly, and on the 2days that i've ever snowboarded, i was pulling 180's and stalefish's just goign down the mountain. but with this, i would love to improve.

also i'm kinda looking for good pricing. i don't have too much money and it would be GREAT if i could like, go somewhere good and cheap that is kinda close to Texas (i'm not really sure if im going to fly or not yet).

anyway any help would be appreciated

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
i have only been snowboarding one place before, and that was Big Bear in California.

i want to plan a trip to go sometime after x-mas but i'm really not sure where is the best place. my friend said that Keystone has some pretty nice stuff so we might just go there.

i guess the main point is to find out good places to go that have a nice park.

i'm not the greatest snowboarder but i improve really quickly, and on the 2days that i've ever snowboarded, i was pulling 180's and stalefish's just goign down the mountain. but with this, i would love to improve.

also i'm kinda looking for good pricing. i don't have too much money and it would be GREAT if i could like, go somewhere good and cheap that is kinda close to Texas (i'm not really sure if im going to fly or not yet).

anyway any help would be appreciated
stalefishing eh? hehe:p

Jun 26, 2007
I live on the east coast and go to the poconos every friday with my buds for the night
But ive also been to vermont (bromley and stratton)
and park city (park city and deer valley)
deer valley is by far the best, but park city is no slouch of a mountain either

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
nice.
i really want to spend a lot of time in the park, but i'm pretty much a complete novice so im not looking for the most difficult one.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
I'd like to hear about your trip when you return, I've thought about trying to snowboard but not being on a slope my entire life yet probably embarras myself!

Sounds fun though!

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
I'd like to hear about your trip when you return, I've thought about trying to snowboard but not being on a slope my entire life yet probably embarras myself!

Sounds fun though!
it's really not that hard. i'm no expert but i picked it up really quick(at least i thought)

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I've been trying to decide on a spring break trip lately and I've been considering going to like Montana or something for some snowboarding. I've done the Caribbean so many times it's just getting a bit repetitive, however fun it is. Also, don't often get the chance to snowboard in Florida :p.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
it's really not that hard. i'm no expert but i picked it up really quick(at least i thought)
I would mostly be worried about rate of speed and unbalance, hehe, I figure packed snow can probably simulate concrete at the correct angle of impact...