Winterboard for iPhone 3G

shemna

Oct 27, 2008
Hi!

I have the iPhone 3G and I would like to know how to install winterboard on my phone.. I cant find it in cydia or installer. Do I have to add some source to get it? If so, can you please specify the URL?

Thanks

ess_bee

Bronze
Dec 16, 2008
UK
Hi!

I have the iPhone 3G and I would like to know how to install winterboard on my phone.. I cant find it in cydia or installer. Do I have to add some source to get it? If so, can you please specify the URL?

Thanks
On Cydia you can either search for it or under "feature packages" on the Cydia home page you'll find it there

shemna

Oct 27, 2008
I did try that, but it starts to run and then midway it stops saying "http://apt.saurik.com
host unreachable"
"cache failure"
the source for this is telesphoreo tangelo.

Is there another source from where I can install this?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Not that I know of. I believe that Saurik's repository - Telesphoreo - has been having problems lately, so that's most likely what you're running into. If it's not fixed within a few days, I'll package all of WinterBoard's elements and host it on the EIC repo.

shemna

Oct 27, 2008
Thanks for replying... Is there no other way? :( isn't apptap a source for this? I'm pretty new to this, so I'm not all that familiar with all this.. Will summerboard work on 3G? Where can I download that from?

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
Summerboard will not work. At least I don't think so. I have never had a problem downloading winterbored. Just try again during different parts of the day. If you are using 3G the try on wifi. If using wifi the try on a 3G network.

shemna

Oct 27, 2008
Well I really hope that that is the reason behind it.. I keep trying during different times of the day.. And I get the same msgs each time. Guess there's no other way to it other than waiting..

shemna

Oct 27, 2008
I got it! I got winterboard installed! :D Thanks so much!

One more question, when i changed to one of the themes I downloaded, the system font changed.. and I don't like it! How do I get my old font back or better yet, how can I change the system font to something I like?

Hope you can help!

Feb 27, 2009
I got it! I got winterboard installed! :D Thanks so much!

One more question, when i changed to one of the themes I downloaded, the system font changed.. and I don't like it! How do I get my old font back or better yet, how can I change the system font to something I like?

Hope you can help!
hi. i'm still having this very same error situation, i kind of felt your happyness about getting you iPhone or ipod finally working, but you never explained what did you do or how it finally got fixed. it would be very kind of you to FINALLY TELL US, remember that you posted a message asking for a solution. there are many in a situation like yours at that time, share your experience and help us to fix the problem. thanks

May 12, 2009
Not that I know of. I believe that Saurik's repository - Telesphoreo - has been having problems lately, so that's most likely what you're running into. If it's not fixed within a few days, I'll package all of WinterBoard's elements and host it on the EIC repo.
Hi all, I've been reading these boards for a while and thought it was about time I joined :laugh2:

Lincoln is the winterboard app still on the EIC repo or have you taken it back off? I am having the same problem as loads of opthers. I have jail broken my phone for the first time and I am getting the host unreachable error. Does anyone know how to fix this yet? In the meantime I really want the winterboard app so if you have taken it down could you put it back so I can get it please.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
reboot your iPhone, that should fix your loading errors.

May 12, 2009
thanks for the quick response PepeRB29. I rebooted and thought that it had sorted it aas it started to download the files but then I got the error again. Gutted!
Are there any other locations I can get the winterboard? or the cydia download for that matter cause I can't update my cydia either because of this.
I can get other files from other places.