Winterboard on 5.1.1

Jaqueen

May 22, 2012
Is an update needed in order to install winter board on 5.1.1? And if so, does anyone know how long it will be?

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
I installed it on my new iPad running 5.1.1 but it is not running right for me. Everything is too small and off centered.

I tried to install Winterboard on my iPhone 4, but there were a few things I had to install separately. I installed everything but the last thing on the list is "WinterBoard." It won't install. I have two dependencies that prevent it (?): "preferenceloader" and "libhid >=2.0.4"

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I installed it on my new iPad running 5.1.1 but it is not running right for me. Everything is too small and off centered.
I have Winterboard on my iPhone 4 running the updated version of 5.1.1 and Winterboard runs smoothly. Mind it did take a few tries to install it, as did most other apps/tweaks.

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
I have Winterboard on my iPhone 4 running the updated version of 5.1.1 and Winterboard runs smoothly. Mind it did take a few tries to install it, as did most other apps/tweaks.
The problem is just on the iPad 3 with the retina display.

I tried to install Winterboard on my iPhone 4, but there were a few things I had to install separately. I installed everything but the last thing on the list is "WinterBoard." It won't install. I have two dependencies that prevent it (?): "preferenceloader" and "libhid >=2.0.4"
I fixed my issue. I used Rocky and reloaded the JB. Now, WinterBoard works good.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
John, did you ever get your jail broken?
Yeah eventually :(

What a piece of crap Absinthe is... Redsn0w FTW!

Note to others: I don't like Chronics tools. The Dev-Team do a much better job.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Yeah eventually :(

What a piece of crap Absinthe is... Redsn0w FTW!

Note to others: I don't like Chronics tools. The Dev-Team do a much better job.
What was wrong with Absinthe? I used it twice and it ran on its own and Jailbroke successfuly.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Thanks, it was an overly-stressful experience :)
No problem. One thing I learned after this Jailbreak is to be patient when installing Cydia apps/tweaks. The one main app that took forever and kept giving me errors was SBSettings. But all is swell now.

May 27, 2012
Independence, Missouri
Yeah, Money, like you I had no problem at all. I had no problem with SBSettings either, though winterboard took a couple of 'link to file' errors before correctly linking. Love winterboard, running the windows 7 theme now :).

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Yeah, Money, like you I had no problem at all. I had no problem with SBSettings either, though winterboard took a couple of 'link to file' errors before correctly linking. Love winterboard, running the windows 7 theme now :).
Awesome! Have fun being Jailbroken. It's a lot of enjoyment, for me at least. Lock screen themes and much much more!