Wipe out iPhone

Jan 6, 2008
Long time lurker, first time poster.

Heres the deal, i want to sell my iPhone but i need to know how to go about deleting my personal info on the phone so the person i'm selling it to doesn't take advantage of this and decides to mess with stuff. One of the selling points is that its a version 1.1.1 and if i do a restore, will they be able to get it back to 1.1.1?:confused:

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
The Reset function in the General settings should be able to do it for you, unless it's a jailbroken iPhone which you've got custom apps on and stuff.

Jan 6, 2008
The Reset function in the General settings should be able to do it for you, unless it's a jailbroken iPhone which you've got custom apps on and stuff.
Yeah its jailbroken, the person most likely wants to keep all the apps and stuff so as long as they cant see any of my personal info its fine. I just don't want them to see my contacts/mail/ any of that good stuff.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
If it was me, I'd download 1.1.1 and restore the phone using that. Then if the buyer wants, maybe jailbreak it for them before selling.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Yeah, that is your safest bet assuming you can find 1.1.1 for download still. If you can, just shift click (or is it ctrl click? I can never remember) the Restore button to be able to pick which file to restore from. Then you can jailbreak it again and all that. It isn't unlocked, though, right? Just jailbroken? Unlocked phones brick when restored...