wiped emails from stolen iPhone

mugdiller

May 18, 2009
My iPhone was stolen, i used gmail as the email program. bought new phone today and tried the following with success. i sent myself a couple emails and updated them on my new phone, i then went to gmail on my pc and and selected them to be archived. when i pushed for new emails on iPhone the emails were gone. i selected all emails ever sent to me through gmail and archived them, when i pushed for emails on my new iPhone the 16 emails i got today were gone. i guess that all the emails on my stolen iPhone were also removed. of course i also changed my gmail password. feedback?

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
My iPhone was stolen, i used gmail as the email program. bought new phone today and tried the following with success. i sent myself a couple emails and updated them on my new phone, i then went to gmail on my pc and and selected them to be archived. when i pushed for new emails on iPhone the emails were gone. i selected all emails ever sent to me through gmail and archived them, when i pushed for emails on my new iPhone the 16 emails i got today were gone. i guess that all the emails on my stolen iPhone were also removed. of course i also changed my gmail password. feedback?
Changing your password has done the trick.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I made a similar (type) mistake, my phone wasn't stolen it was just my ignorance of not thinking things through.

When i took one of my v1 iPhones back to Apple, i cleared my phone, i didn't perform a reset. I should have deleted my email accounts of the phone.

But what i did was delete each email individually thinking that would do it. My email is also a google one... i lost work/family pics/more work/jobs

It was quite a stupid exspensive mistake. What you thief has probably thought it to delete everything and have a fresh iPhone.. which is obviously not the way to do it. It needs to be reset properly.

So i don't make any future mistakes, I cc all my emails to a sister email address.