Wireless charging comes to Apple's iPhone 3GS, thanks to WildCharge

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Looks quite good, you're still going to have to leave your phone on the pad for it too charge though...

But... at least it works. It's a step closer to the ultimate.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I see 2 large drawbacks to this.
1) can't use the case you want.
2) It blocks the port on the base so you can't use the accessories you want, like a car dock or desk dock.

They should be working with Apple directly on making a back cover to replace the factory one, and it should be warranty covered work if you get one installed.

Of course I see a third draw-back as well, but I can only speculate about it right now. I see the integrated wires in the skin messing heavily with reception for all the radios.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
2) It blocks the port on the base so you can't use the accessories you want, like a car dock or desk dock.

They should be working with Apple directly on making a back cover to replace the factory one, and it should be warranty covered work if you get one installed.

Of course I see a third draw-back as well, but I can only speculate about it right now. I see the integrated wires in the skin messing heavily with reception for all the radios.
Good points. I was thinking of a few of those drawbacks also. I don't see them mention the power of the charge. I wonder what the charge time is? I will stay with the conventional chargers in the near future.

Get_Zwole

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Oklahoma City

agree 100% that would be awesome if they did this.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Am I missing something?
80 bucks for wireless charging? Who would want this and why? I can pick my iPhone up and use to make calls or anything else while it's charging, whereas this has to sit on the charger. You can't use it! Maybe as a speaker phone, but that's no fun. The idea is cool, bit IMHO it seems like a needless PITA.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Am I missing something?
80 bucks for wireless charging? Who would want this and why? I can pick my iPhone up and use to make calls or anything else while it's charging, whereas this has to sit on the charger. You can't use it! Maybe as a speaker phone, but that's no fun. The idea is cool, bit IMHO it seems like a needless PITA.

Maybe to make a call while charging you are suppose to lay your head down flat on the phone while it is on the charging pad. :p