wireless sync?

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by cdgarcia87, Jul 14, 2008.

1. cdgarcia87

cdgarcia87 New Member
    Bronze

just curious, is it possible to sync the ipod touch by wireless? the remote application is awesome and i assume that if they can do that they should be able to sync without having to connect to the computer...

2. iStealth

iStealth Member
    Bronze

Not yet, but I hope very soon.

3. Toobis

Toobis New Member

I love this remote application, being able to control my stereo from any room in the house. I think a wireless sync is a brilliant idea, and could completely eliminate the iPod cord, since I have another power source for it :D

4. heinous

heinous Member
    Bronze

Has anybody actually got it to work? I've tried but have had zero success. Not sure why, but it will not sync with iTunes on my desktop.

#4 heinous, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2013
  5. patrickj

patrickj Genius
    Gold

Yes.

You know you need to enable it in iTunes on the desktop, just one time, right?

6. heinous

heinous Member
    Bronze

Yes I did that.

7. hplbiking

hplbiking Member

Huh, I don't recall turning it on in iTunes. This may be a stupid question: but did you go into Settings, General,iTunes Wi-fi sync and start it from there? Mine worked fine. However my problem is most of the apps did not show up. I had turn on each one on and then they where just dumped into the phone.

8. heinous

heinous Member
    Bronze

Ok I think its working now. Atleast I can hit the button and it says syncing but i was under the impression that i could load new music on phone by doing this. Apparently it just backs up what you have done since last sync?

9. Afkamp

Afkamp Member
    Bronze

I have wirelessly synced music to my iPhone today, but in my opinion it is slower than having it connected to a computer.

10. sonic1519

sonic1519 New Member

Has anyone gotten Outlook to sync to the phone, contacts and calendar

11. heinous

heinous Member
    Bronze

so how do you do it?

12. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

I got it to work, but at first I didn't think it was. Apparently, you can wirelessly sync and still use the phone. I loaded IOS5 and my apps and content did show up. iTunes showed a sync in progress, but the iPhone did not.

Then I noticed the spinning sync wheel next to my wireless signal. All came back 99% of where I left it. The difference was the new apps moving things around.

All appears to be well except I've had trouble on 3G today. Not sure if that's an AT&T problem or not. Time will tell.

Target

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

13. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

in iOS 5 you can use your phone while syncing whether it's wired or wireless.

14. Afkamp

Afkamp Member
    Bronze

when you first sync your iPhone to your pc with the cable attached click on your device and go to the summery tab. At the bottom of this page check SYNC WITH THIS iPhone OVER WIFI and hit apply. Let the iPhone sync as it would and when it finishes you can unplug your device but notice now with your device unplugged it's still showing that it's dock. Now you can click on the device again and check music or pics etc that you want to sync and hit the SYNC button. Now the device should sync wirelessly, it should say searching for iPhone and starts after 30 secs to 1 min.

15. heinous

heinous Member
    Bronze

So basically I have to plug it into the computer to get it started then I can unplug? Well that's almost useless.

16. Afkamp

Afkamp Member
    Bronze

No after you plug it in once and check that box you won't have to plug it in again. Just click on your device and do what you would normally do as if it is plugged in.

17. Afkamp

Afkamp Member
    Bronze

iTunes says I have two devices docked but they are connected wirelessly. I can click on either one of the devices and sync.

Attached Files:

18. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

also, syncing will automatically begin if you plug in the device to charge (anywhere, not just on that computer).

19. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Which is awesome.