Wish they would allow Adobe Flash

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by hmfc-1874, Aug 9, 2014.

1. hmfc-1874

hmfc-1874 Contributor
    Silver

You know, I understood when iPhone 3gs came out and Apple said, look we don't think Flash will be as popular 3 years down the line due to html5 so we are not going to make it a part of the iPhone. But it's something that obviously is still widely used and apple should implement it!
    Thoughts people?

2. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

[​IMG]

:D

3. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Forget the dead horse beater. :D You can use Flash in the Puffin browser. I use the free version and really like it. Great browser. It does the Flash in the cloud. My sister in law sends my wife eCards that only work with Adobe Flash. I copy the link and paste it on the search bar in Puffin. Works great. Here's the free version App Store link.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/puffin-web-browser-free/id472937654?mt=8

4. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

What stock mobile OS comes with flash?

5. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

The first Android phone with Flash was the HTC Hero . Since then, many other Android phones have it. The little 2.2 Froyo and 2.3 Gingerbread came with Flash preinstalled. My wife's LG Enlighten had Adobe Flash preinstalled. Odd thing is not all Android phones have it or can support it. Other than the iPhone, which phones do not support flash?

6. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

It's good to have options so there is also Skyfire. The app converts videos from Flash to a format that is supported by your phone.

7. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

When I type in Skyfire, I get Puffin Free. I swipe but don't see Skyfire.
    ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1407677664.592731.jpg

When I type in Skyfire Web Browser, I get this. I don't think there is a Skyfire. If there is, iTunes does not want you to find it. I'll stick with Puffin Free. The other is $3.99.

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1407677905.326179.jpg

I think Skyfire has been removed from the App Store. :( Maybe they're updating with a totally new version for iOS 8. ITunes may have removed it. ITunes removed CM Security that some were using to "Clean" their phone for more space. The main thing it did was clear Facebook cache. Anyway, no Skyfire.

#7 Ledsteplin, Aug 10, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  8. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

Android discontinued including Flash. I think Adobe abandoned mobile Flash because they finally admitted it wasn't designed for mobile devices like its meant to on desktop OS's. You pretty much have to hack Android or an Android browser to sideload Flash. Both Android and Adobe no longer support it. HTML 5 is much better for mobile devices.

9. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

What about the 360 browser? I believe it supported Flash and is available on the App Store.

10. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

360 Browser? I don't see that in the Play Store.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

This is the perfect explanation and answer as to why we'll never see native support of Flash in iOS.

12. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Funny how when you Google info for research, all you get is old outdated stuff. Thanks for the update. I need to check with Weebly to see if they still require Flash to edit blog sites. Hopefully they've done away with Flash.

13. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

CM(Clean Master) Security was removed from both iTunes and Android Play Store. Rumor has it that the app was Malware and collecting personal info from the devices. It has since then returned in the Play Store. I don't think anybody is touching that app anymore.

14. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

15. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I don't know if it is in the Play Store, but I did find it in iTunes.

16. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

dolphin browser for android will work with 2.3 and newer and has a supported method for installing flash.
    not really sure what "android support" means. the hardware vendor supports warranty related issues and app developers decide to what degree they are responsive to inquiries.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

17. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

That was rumor. Someone got it mixed up. CM Security is used on Android phones as an anti malware solution. The iOS app was pulled because Apple did not like how CM Security cleared cache from bloated apps like Facebook.

18. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

I used it on both my Android devices and my iOS devices. The latest Android update killed my battery life on my Android devices. So I removed it. When I read several articles of why it was removed from the Play and AppStore, I removed it from my iOS devices. I've lost trust even if it was a rumor.

19. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

The latest update for Dolphin was a bad one. It now runs like crap on my Nexus 10. Lots of force closures, slow web page loading, flash now run really buggy.

20. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I can't speak for Android, as I don't have one. But I've had no issue with it on my iPhone. I only use the cleaner feature. I let iOS manage RAM.