With a modded iPhone...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Kev1000000

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
If I sync my modded iPhone, and wanted to restore, would my apps be put back onto my iPhone? What exactly gets backed up during sync? Everything, or just a few databases?

Thanks.

iFuNk

Bronze
Oct 25, 2007
I don't think your apps will still be there after a restore ... when you sync ... it syncs your music/videos , contacts ... and other data such as text messages .... when you do a restore ... the Apple site states that the entire hard drive is erased and the software is reinstalled ... (or something along those lines)

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I don't think your apps will still be there after a restore ... when you sync ... it syncs your music/videos , contacts ... and other data such as text messages .... when you do a restore ... the Apple site states that the entire hard drive is erased and the software is reinstalled ... (or something along those lines)
A restore doesn't appear to erase the entire hard drive. I have done several restores and every time I put my software back, such as Mobile RSS, it has retained my settings as to which feeds to monitor, etc.. That information isn't synced by iTunes so it had to have remained on my phone after the restore. I suspect that the restore only restores the OS files. Not good if you need to send in a phone to Apple and don't want them to know you had software installed. I wonder if there is a way to ensure it is truly wiped.

mikelarry

Oct 10, 2007
A restore doesn't appear to erase the entire hard drive. I have done several restores and every time I put my software back, such as Mobile RSS, it has retained my settings as to which feeds to monitor, etc.. That information isn't synced by iTunes so it had to have remained on my phone after the restore. I suspect that the restore only restores the OS files. Not good if you need to send in a phone to Apple and don't want them to know you had software installed. I wonder if there is a way to ensure it is truly wiped.

Same here.