With new iPhone coming have a question

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
With the new iPhone only a few weeks away I was just wanting to clarify a few things. I have a jailbroken iPhone 4s & was wondering if I can do a backup while it was still jailbroken & use it to restore the new phone when I get it or do I have to remove the jailbreak before I do a backup. Thanks

Santa

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 2, 2009
Colorado, USA
Although on a phone model switch, I usually don't do a restore from the old phone, and start from the ground up. Don't know if I need to, but new OS/new HW I figure it's time to start new.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Although on a phone model switch, I usually don't do a restore from the old phone, and start from the ground up. Don't know if I need to, but new OS/new HW I figure it's time to start new.
You're absolutely right. Also something to mention, new iPhone and new OS, some applications may not be fully compatible yet.

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
Great advice for the first JB available on a new device, but I wonder how effective it is stock. Wouldn't you pick up everything on your first sync that you would during a restore from backup of old device?

{StatuSChecKa}

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2010
NorCal
You "Can" do a backup from a jailbroken phone. But the backup will just be regular Apple stuff. No jail-broken tweaks.
Just start fresh bro, phone will run nice and smooth.