Wives/Girlfriends. . .

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

brojimh

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Morris, AL
Are there any guys out there who are having a little trouble with their wives/girlfriends and their iPhones?

For instance, last night my wife said that I was "obsessed" with my iPhone.

scrowner

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
LOL! That is exactly why I got my wife an iPhone too! I even modded her iPhone with the pink gunmetal version and she loves it. I try to keep her up to date with things that are "bugs" and various cool new things that are happening, whether she cares to know or not. I give her an hour or so a week of time with her to go over some feature in the iPhone. Anyway, she is not currently complaining that I spend all my free time on these silly forums and hacking the iPhone!

ajisai

Jul 4, 2007
Very typical

Why do you guys assume that "women" are not as geeky as men.

My man is the one who's telling me to stop hacking.

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Why do you guys assume that "women" are not as geeky as men.

My man is the one who's telling me to stop hacking.
LOL...

Considering I don't have a wife or girlfriend... I HAVE A HUSBAND... it's not a problem. But my hubby knows I'm a geek, so it's no big deal. He benefits greatly from my electronics addiction (hence the 56" TV in our bedroom - LOL)

brojimh

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Morris, AL
LOL! That is exactly why I got my wife an iPhone too! I even modded her iPhone with the pink gunmetal version and she loves it. I try to keep her up to date with things that are "bugs" and various cool new things that are happening, whether she cares to know or not. I give her an hour or so a week of time with her to go over some feature in the iPhone. Anyway, she is not currently complaining that I spend all my free time on these silly forums and hacking the iPhone!
My wife couldn't care less about anything electronic. It's so sad.

She makes fun of me. . . sniff. . .sniff, I come here to find peace and acceptance. . .;)

inletdoc

Jan 11, 2007
If this happens, tell them this..

I told my wife the other night that she had something in common with my iPhone. I told her that I loved her and my iPhone more today than the day I got them.

luvmyiphone25

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
my boyfriend thinks im a geek bc im always playing wit my iPhone and reading post on this forum. Its the opposite in our relationship I'm obessed wit all the new gagets and he could give a crap

JeffBobula

Bronze
Apr 20, 2007
Madison, Wisconsin
I told my girlfriend it would be a funny picture if I was holding her in one hand and my iPhone in the other...over a cliff, with the caption reading..."Which Will He Choose!?" Hahaha it was a great time though she thinks Id take the phone...I doubt that. But we had a good laugh and I'm glad I don't have to make that decision;)

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
My husband, kids, mother, and other family members have called me obsessed with my new toys. I don't let my kids get near it except an occasionally supervised You Tube session. My kids tell me I love my iPhone more than them:p!

slingshot110

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
SF, CA
Yeah, my girlfriend is definitely jealous of the attention my iPhone gets. I told her she can choose b/w something shiny to go on her finger, or something shiny to put her fingers on...I'm pretty sure I know what she'll choose and I do not think she'll go for the cheaper option made by Apple. Damn you Tiffany & Co!

iBrad

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Lol yeah

Lol yeah, my girlfriend gets pissed. If we are sitting on the couch watching TV and the show doesn't really interest me, I just pull out my iPhone. She says I'm obsessed with my iPhone, I just see it as getting my money's worth.

The other day, she wanted to go to a certain restaurant. But we had no idea how to get there. As we weren't very familiar with the city we were going to, So without hesitation, I brought out my iPhone and Google mapped it.

So then after our meal, we were kinda full. So we decided to sit there for a bit before we left. So OF COURSE I brought out my iPhone. And again she started saying how I was so obsessed with my iPhone. So I just told her, look if it wasn't for my LOVELY iPhone we wouldn't be eating here right now. So then she shut up :) She could care less about electronics as well.

sunshineprincess

Bronze
Aug 9, 2007
Are there any guys out there who are having a little trouble with their wives/girlfriends and their iPhones?

For instance, last night my wife said that I was "obsessed" with my iPhone.
my boyfriend says i'm "obsessed" and that I'm just a big geek for having the "dumb" iPhone.

he's a pc/blackberry guy. I'm a mac/iPhone girl. iPerfect!

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Chauvinism about iPhone

my boyfriend says i'm "obsessed" and that I'm just a big geek for having the "dumb" iPhone.

he's a pc/blackberry guy. I'm a mac/iPhone girl. iPerfect!
I'm obsessed with my iPhone. It goes with me everywhere and I show it to everyone. I have 10 computers, including one in my bathroom.
Last time I checked, I still had 2 X chromosomes, which makes me a girl, woman, girlfriend and mother.

Stop being so chauvinistic. I was also the best in math at school.

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
I've been with my girl for a little over a year now and she's been with me through two phones. She almost dumped me over the Moto Q, and now that I have the iPhone I fear the wedding plans might get canceled. :p