Wives/Girlfriends. . .

Tank863

Jul 19, 2007
Philadelphia
I actually bought my non-geek wife an iPhone and she didn't want it.
SO I sold it on ebay.

She has no problems with the iPhone... yet

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Are there any guys out there who are having a little trouble with their wives/girlfriends and their iPhones?

For instance, last night my wife said that I was "obsessed" with my iPhone.
Well, my wife thinks I'm obsessed with my sidekick3 and rolls her eyes everytime I whip it out...hehe....wait till I get the iPhone!

She's a hardcore reader, sometimes a book a day, so whenever she says something about my hobby (yes I call it a hobby now) I just tell her "you read books non-stop, I surf the web, deal with it."

Btw. I live in Homewood. My wife and I sometimes come and play at Greenbriar golf up there in Morris, so good to meet ya!

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
my girl friend of 4 years hates my iPhone as she did my treo.. she is non tech girl, i got her the pink razor and she was happy with that....

but yes she hates "that stupid phone" as she says...

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
Are there any guys out there who are having a little trouble with their wives/girlfriends and their iPhones?

For instance, last night my wife said that I was "obsessed" with my iPhone.
Wow....are you a carpenter? You hit that nail squarely on the head! At first my wife thought I was spending a little too much time with my phone. Once she saw the pictures of our newly born baby on the phone, she liked that, and kind of cooled off with the phone. She even changed her mind about her pink razr phone and now wants an iPhone *gulp* Even though she has toned down on the phone, she still gives me a look when I'm on this forum or checking out iPhone stuff!

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
<foreseeable thread>

iPhone or girlfriend/wife: one of thems got to go! HELLLLP!

Oh if they only understood . . .

When I use my ipod I make sure there's always music on there that she would also like as well as my son. You know, to play in the car on trips and stuff.

With the iPhone I will do similar things. Music, pictures of our child to show off, etc... you have to get them somewhat interested, then its somewhat more accepting.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
<foreseeable thread>

iPhone or girlfriend/wife: one of thems got to go! HELLLLP!

Oh if they only understood . . .

When I use my ipod I make sure there's always music on there that she would also like as well as my son. You know, to play in the car on trips and stuff.

With the iPhone I will do similar things. Music, pictures of our child to show off, etc... you have to get them somewhat interested, then its somewhat more accepting.
You guys are all hopeless, except for an occasional one (like my iphone-toting boyfriend). You despise/make fun of those low tech women who behave like stereotypes, but it's what you go out with/marry anyway. What does it say about you?
I know, you're afraid of the ones who have a brain. You like to think you're the dominating half of the couple. Nothing much has changed since the cave ages. It must be in the genes, and the real reason why humanity is on a self destruct path (as usual, but now we have the power to "do" it. Nuke them all by the remote touch of an iPhone?).
Grow up. Evolve while we still have time.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Okay, first off, I love my girlfriend of two years very much BUT......

Shes says things like, "Why can't you pay my cab fare home from work on Friday nights? You have a $600 "phone"! (she's an evening radio DJ on Friday nights)

I just bought a $2300+ MacBook Pro about three months ago, but this crap never came up before I bought my iPhone. Hmm. :eek:

I bought my iPhone on iDay and she's really never touched it until today when we were having lunch at a cafe, I pointed out that they had free wifi, and she wanted to check her email.

Even that turned into a chore because she has long fingernails.

Women are NEVER satisified. If she's happy with her old T-Mobile RAZR, that's fine with me. Heck, wait until we're lost, there's no gas station, and Google maps saves our ass....oh, she'll see :laugh2:

RLK

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Indialantic, FL
My wife is the one who stood in line to get me the phone. She is just happy that I am happy, and that I owe her BIG time for her efforts!:cool:

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
You guys are all hopeless, except for an occasional one (like my iphone-toting boyfriend). You despise/make fun of those low tech women who behave like stereotypes, but it's what you go out with/marry anyway. What does it say about you?
I know, you're afraid of the ones who have a brain. You like to think you're the dominating half of the couple. Nothing much has changed since the cave ages. It must be in the genes, and the real reason why humanity is on a self destruct path (as usual, but now we have the power to "do" it. Nuke them all by the remote touch of an iPhone?).
I hope you're joking.

And if you're not.

First off, My wife doesn't give a damn about tech and gadgets, I do.

I don't make fun of her.

And am I afraid of one with a brain? yes, that's why I married a 10+ year CPA accountant with a masters.

She works just as hard if not harder than I and I definitely do not portray or act like this "dominating, woman fix my dinner, get me a beer, I'm going to play golf with the fellas while you watch the kids" attitude you seem to think every man is preprogrammed with.

I've been married to my wife for 8+ years and have loved every day spent with her so far and plan on being with her for the rest of my life, unless she "understands" my obsession with gadgets, then I drop her like a sack of taters, yes right.

So don't act like you know me and you're gonna use my post as some sexist/guys are all pigs flame.

My wife has accused me of being like a little kid with all my little toys. But it sounds like to me that you, in fact, are the one who needs to do some growin up.

And if this was just you tryin to make a funny: ha... ha ha... ha

brojimh

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Morris, AL
Well, my wife thinks I'm obsessed with my sidekick3 and rolls her eyes everytime I whip it out...hehe....wait till I get the iPhone!

She's a hardcore reader, sometimes a book a day, so whenever she says something about my hobby (yes I call it a hobby now) I just tell her "you read books non-stop, I surf the web, deal with it."

Btw. I live in Homewood. My wife and I sometimes come and play at Greenbriar golf up there in Morris, so good to meet ya!
Cool! That's a pretty good place to play. As this area grows it will become better, they are always looking for ways.

Plus they are (someday) building "Corridor Y" sometime soon. It will connect 459 in Trussville to 65 in Gardendale (Mt. Olive to be more exact), when it begins it will get out house so we will have to find somewhere else to live.

Long story just to say that the Morris area is fixing to EXPLODE! Which means good things for the golf course!

brojimh

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Morris, AL
my girl friend of 4 years hates my iPhone as she did my treo.. she is non tech girl, i got her the pink razor and she was happy with that....

but yes she hates "that stupid phone" as she says...
My wife says the greatest cell phone she's ever had is the razr I bought her a couple of years ago (when they first came out).

We moved to Nextel/Sprint and it took her FOREVER to get used to her new (non-tech) phone!

She would NEVER get used to the iPhone.

hot_mamma311

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Chicago
Well I am also a female with an iPhone, my bf thinks its cool. He wouldn't get one but he knows I love gadgets! He says I am easy to shop for, just get the newest electronic :)
For my bday in July he got me a new Sony handi cam with the touch screen and I got myself the iPhone hahaha

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Re-reading my post.

I owe you an apology.

This should have read:

Forseeable thread:

"iPhone or girlfriend/boyfriend, wife/husband: one of them must go! HEEELLLLPPP!"

How's that sound?

Sorry if I offended anyone. Move on.

iPastor

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Virginia
www.myspace.com
I told my girlfriend it would be a funny picture if I was holding her in one hand and my iPhone in the other...over a cliff, with the caption reading..."Which Will He Choose!?" Hahaha it was a great time though she thinks Id take the phone...I doubt that. But we had a good laugh and I'm glad I don't have to make that decision;)
I can see this so easily.... Ari from Entourage... holding the iPhone in one hand and his wife in the other dangling precariously over a cliff overlooking the beach. The phone rings and a picture of Lloyd comes up on the iPhone with a custom ringtone that has Lloyd saying, "Ari it's Vince answer your phone!" Ari looks quickly at his wife, she screams "Ari don't you DARE answer that iPhone!" To which Ari deftly replies... "It'll only take a second." Cut to Ari casually standing on the scenic rock outcropping talking to Vince while Ari's wife hangs on by her fingertips to a small handhold in the rockface. Fade to black... CG roll... "iPhone - Sometimes you have to make the hard choices." :cool:

brojimh

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Morris, AL
No, because I love my wife not electronic gadgets.
hey, you do know that this is just a fun thread, right? We are just joking around in here--surely you don't think there is anyone in here that actually loves their iPhones more than their wives/husbands.

It's just a way to cut up. ;)

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
da wifey pretty much ignores my toys. at our advanced age she knows its hopeless to change me.

Now there are two things that bug the hell out of her. One at night its really bright (don't tell her there is a brightness control) when she's trying to go to sleep and I'm still reading some message board but the worst is when the godawful alarm goes in the middle of the bed at 0515 :) :) I love it -- one of the few I can't sleep through and then its really bad when I have hit snooze but not gone back to sleep, got up, hit the shower and then it goes off ---- and she doesn't know how to work it to turn it of :) :) :)

I sent her her first text message last week on her reg phone -- she had to get her young niece to show her how to check it :)

But since she retired I have gotten her off PCs and into my Mac world so we're making progress.

Last edited by a moderator: