Wives/Girlfriends. . .

Smallball

Jul 18, 2007
Everyday. Who cares, she cannot connect me to the internet, so, iPhone it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

fosterhere

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
Cold Spring on Hudson, NY
Are there any guys out there who are having a little trouble with their wives/girlfriends and their iPhones?

For instance, last night my wife said that I was "obsessed" with my iPhone.
I bought my girlfriend one, but i didn't get one for my ex wife ;)

Now my girlfriend understands my obsession :D
My ex wife never understood me :D

fosterhere

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
Cold Spring on Hudson, NY
LOL! That is exactly why I got my wife an iPhone too! I even modded her iPhone with the pink gunmetal version and she loves it. I try to keep her up to date with things that are "bugs" and various cool new things that are happening, whether she cares to know or not. I give her an hour or so a week of time with her to go over some feature in the iPhone. Anyway, she is not currently complaining that I spend all my free time on these silly forums and hacking the iPhone!
My GF actually teaches ME about NEW things. :eek:
One of the reasons I did not hesitate to buy her one is she just gets technology and mechanical things that break all stereotypes of woman and technology. One more reason Im crazy about her.

I knew getting her an iPhone would not be a waste of a trinket but something she would actually really use and understand better than most people.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
My (now ex) girlfriend was very supportive of my obsession, which existed even before iDay. She was so supportive she even waited in line with me for about, what? 9 hours? Wow. What a great girlfriend she was. I miss her. :( LOL But I have my iPhone to keep me company now. LOL

When we were dating though I was pretty careful not to pull the phone out too much. It was great for finding locations to eat and she adored that the iPhone could be useful for things like that. But I was always cognizant of the danger of making her feel jealous of my iPhone. I think surfing the internet while you are out eating a one on one dinner with your sweetheart is quite rude. I wouldn’t want to be with a girl who would LET me get away with that.

Later on after the breakup, sure enough, she let it out that it seemed to her that I was on the phone too much, and when I was at her apartment she felt that I was using her computer for iPhone stuff too. And this was with me making an effort to limit my iPhone activity!

In public, there have been several occasions that I did NOT pull my phone out when I would have otherwise just because of not wanting to seem like I was obsessed with it, or that I was trying to show off.

A couple of years ago I subscribed to a couple of personals websites like Match.com. I haven't really visited them much lately and they generally get filtered by Gmail. I just recently started to check my mail on the phone and this week I just happened upon one of the matchmaking emails, so I clicked on one of the purdy girls. You know just to see how the iPhone would work. Honest! LOL Silly me, I left the girl’s profile open in Safari, then went off to dance class.

And wouldn’t you know it I met a cute girl at the studio. We got to talking and a question in the conversation came up that could be easily solved with a visit to the web. Well I was a bit hesitant to pull it out on account of not wanting to look like I was showing off. But that’s not what I should have been afraid of. You can imagine my embarrassment when I opened Safari and she saw this picture of a sexy looking girl in some provocative pose. I wonder if she thought it was a pr0n website. Things aren’t really working that well with this new girl for some reason now.

Stupid iPhone. Might have cost me my dreamgirl. :p

LOL

Bibliotch

Aug 16, 2007
I can see this so easily.... Ari from Entourage... holding the iPhone in one hand and his wife in the other dangling precariously over a cliff overlooking the beach. The phone rings and a picture of Lloyd comes up on the iPhone with a custom ringtone that has Lloyd saying, "Ari it's Vince answer your phone!" Ari looks quickly at his wife, she screams "Ari don't you DARE answer that iPhone!" To which Ari deftly replies... "It'll only take a second." Cut to Ari casually standing on the scenic rock outcropping talking to Vince while Ari's wife hangs on by her fingertips to a small handhold in the rockface. Fade to black... CG roll... "iPhone - Sometimes you have to make the hard choices." :cool:
LOL!

Entourage owns!

toriikins

Aug 17, 2007
Austin, Texas
This is precisely the reason my husband and I each got an iPhone. If only one of us had gotten one, then jealousy would have ensued. When the Razrs came out, we each got one. When the Pearls came out, we each got one. So obviously, we each had to get the iPhones. We're both geeky at heart. ie..it's Friday night, and we're sitting in front of the TV, on our respective couches, with our laptops in our laps in silence...and couldn't be happier. :)