WMV attachment

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
I pulled up iPhonevideoserver.com this afternoon and got an Internal Server Error message. WTF? Hope that is just temporary. I have looked at the service several times and didn't go for it. How does it work? I just forward email containing wmv's to my YouTube account and then go to My Videos on the YouTube App about 5 min. later and view it there. Although if the attachments are a little risque and I didn't know it beforehand then I get some nastygrams from YouTube!

Jan 1, 2011
I use Azul Media Player and that app plays wmv files natively, no need to convert them.... Just look for it in the AppStore. It plays avi files too... Way better solution than converting....

Caspercom

Sep 19, 2010
Maarssen, Netherlands
stephanieiramire said:
A friend got a computer virus from a false jpg attachment sent to his hotmail email address. When he clicked on the jpg no photo came.
That's a bit off-topic, don't you think? It doesn't even have anything to do with iDevices.

Besides, hotmail doesn't allow sending or opening executables and scripts, like .exe and .vbs

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
Use OPlayer (or OPlayer Lite for free). It is the Best for viewing WMV (and other video files) right in your iPhone. For some reason it has never gotten great recognition but it is the best!

lemoon

Bronze
Oct 28, 2010
Well, there are 2 players that normally can play almost all file type.
VLC player and Gomplayer. But as Roof monkey said, VLC was pulled from the app store a day or so ago, maybe you could get Gomplayer to have a try.
The second solutions is do converting with the tools like handbrake and iFunia video converter, convert the WMV files to MP4 video formats for iPhone.
:) HTH

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
Well, there are 2 players that normally can play almost all file type.
VLC player and Gomplayer. But as Roof monkey said, VLC was pulled from the app store a day or so ago, maybe you could get Gomplayer to have a try.
Tough to convert when the attachment is to an email on your iPhone! What is "Gomplayer?" Sure didn't find it in the App Store.

D

deejcrist

A friend got a computer virus from a false jpg attachment sent to his hotmail email address. When he clicked on the jpg no photo came.

X

xiaoa10

As for as i know, iPhone can't play WMV video directly, iPhone is compatible with mp4, m4v, mov.
If you want to play wmv video on iPhone, you'd best convert this video to iPhone support format
with some third party software such as Aneesoft video converter or others.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
As for as i know, iPhone can't play WMV video directly, iPhone is compatible with mp4, m4v, mov.
If you want to play wmv video on iPhone, you'd best convert this video to iPhone support format
with some third party software such as Aneesoft video converter or others.
As far as I can tell you missed all the posts on this thread. VLC and OPlayer, to name 2, play wmv video directly on the iPhone.

lemoon

Bronze
Oct 28, 2010
Tough to convert when the attachment is to an email on your iPhone! What is "Gomplayer?" Sure didn't find it in the App Store.
It's GOM Player, you can Google it.
Or sorry, my bad, it can play various videos, but can't work on the iPhone, it's for Windows PC.

OK, as youtube videos tips read GOM Player can work on iPhone, but it's a little difficult to preset it.