wohoo! free TomTom!

Dec 10, 2007
blacked out
So the company I work for Tele Atlas, supplies the maps for TomTom and they have just purchased us for some ungodly amount of money. I officially work for TomTom now! Anyway they gave everyone in the building free TomToms to "beta test" the new community map share application. We are about to be taking some exponetial leaps forward in the nav industry. Can't say much more, but it is REALLY, REALLY cool stuff.

And yes, I've probed my sources on whether or not we are designing an app for the phone, but nobody is certain (at least the people I know). My ear is to the track.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
So the company I work for Tele Atlas, supplies the maps for TomTom and they have just purchased us for some ungodly amount of money. I officially work for TomTom now! Anyway they gave everyone in the building free TomToms to "beta test" the new community map share application. We are about to be taking some exponetial leaps forward in the nav industry. Can't say much more, but it is REALLY, REALLY cool stuff.

And yes, I've probed my sources on whether or not we are designing an app for the phone, but nobody is certain (at least the people I know). My ear is to the track.
Awesome. Free TomTom Friday. Very nice.

Exponential leaps? Hmmmmm.... last time I saw something interesting out the nav guys was that company that would provide real-time traffic based upon their users. Of course, it relies on other people in your area having the same GPS, but cool just the same. I forget the name of the company.

Now if Apple will allow TomTom on the iPhone, we'd be set.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Very cool. I've been tempted to buy a GPS unit for over a year now. Might just break down tomorrow.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
don't get one .. wait to see if what he is testing is good .. then get that...