Woman Sues Apple For 1 million!

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
The old lady who thought could walk through a glass wall at an Apple store broke her nose because she can't pay attention, and now she is suing Apple for $1,000,000. Ridiculous. There was a similar incident at an Apple store in Canada last year and there is a video of another elderly woman walking into the glass and then falls. I thought it was funny. I know, I'm insensitive.

http://www.wwltv.com/around-the-web...er-breaking-nose-on-glass-door-144483285.html

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Apple stores should start serving piping hot coffee. And offering Genius one-to-one sessions on how to drink it. And maybe how to negotiate getting in and out of the store.

I think I may be a tad insensitive too.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
A broken nose doesn't cost 75,000, and an embarrassment cost of 925,000.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Apple iAddicted

Contributor
Bronze
Feb 20, 2012
Humm birds keep flying into my sliding glass door, one even knocked itself out, should I worry about them sueing cause I keep the door too clean;) be for real if this goes through I should sue the police for pulling me over for speeding and making me late to my doctors apointment lol

Sent from my 32GB iPhone 4s on iOS 5.1!
Only thing iPhone is missing is an expandable memory port! Come on Apple give us a microSD port already!

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
This is nuts. I've walked into my share of sliding glass doors, but never sued.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Found footage

She's fine.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
This will be settled out of court for a lot less than 1 mil, but still an absurd amount. No company wants to go to court against a little old lady.

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
Any amount that she is paid is beyond ludicrous. If she wins any money you can bet on people walking into the glass doors at the Apple store on a daily basis.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
I hit my head and made my head bleed on my locker. I got germs on me at carnivals. I'm not suing. I don't know what judge would even take this case, the lawyer must be as crazy as the lady.

Apple iAddicted

Contributor
Bronze
Feb 20, 2012
I have had lawyers ask me about my trach and want ta sue the Yamaha Manufacturer for me wrecking speeding down a back road lol My parents did take me to one trying to sue the Hospital but because it was a University Hospital no doctors would back the lawyer then he asked if we wanted to sue Yamaha........ Why did I have to br raised with moral standards, I couldda been a "hundred-thousandare" lol lawyers get a big percentage of your winnings ya know lol.
That's why they take the cases.
"rear break locked up on a motorcycle lets sue the manufacturer"(lawyer)
"but I didn't get a anti-lock break model and it was my own fault for speeding and slamming the rear break pedal so hard with my foot"(me) lol atleast I'm honest

Only thing iPhone is missing is an expandable memory port! Come on Apple give us a microSD port already!

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
At the most, they should pay for her medical expenses that were out of pocket and any possibly continuing out of pocket after care and because of care she may incur.

They can also offer her a $500 or $1,000 iTunes Gift card for her troubles.

We live in such a litigious society!

I think if that were to happen to me, I would sue only for the medical expenses. I would have to suck up the embarrassment. I probably would demand a $1,000 iTunes Gift card for my troubles. (y)

I think she'd have a more sympathetic audience if she cracked her head and got a concussion as well as a broken nose.

I feel for her though, she's doing what she thinks is right in her circumstance. Poor lady. She probably has bills and expenses that her fixed income might not be able to handle. The $1M would certainly come in handy.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I'm just insensitive. She should have watched where she was walking.

On a lighter note, when I was about 11 I ran full pelt into a glass patio door - it actually knocked me out. True story.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Same here, my sisters house, last summer, walked into the glass door that takes you outside the deck. There was about 50 people there that day, very embarrassing. I'm suing.

Apple iAddicted

Contributor
Bronze
Feb 20, 2012
If she is too old to walk up and open a door lock her in a nursing home...... I'm very insensitive but had 2 grandparents who died in the nursinghome after years of care.
Oh and who enjoys being stuck behind an old person doing 20 in a 55 on a 2 lane road with heavy traffic? Seen too many wrecks due to this always someone who doesn't slow down in time

Aug 31, 2010
Reminds me of the woman who sued McDonald's because the coffee was "too hot". And she won!
One of my biggest pet peeves is when people cite this case in this context. Please watch the documentary Hot Coffee to be properly informed of all the facts of this case. :)