Wont come out of recovery-PLEASE HELP!

iPhonebaby

Bronze
Nov 5, 2008
Minnesota
My phone went into recovery mode while I was trying to download apptrap and it stopped loading and just sat there for half an hour so I canceled the process so the phone just sat there with a pic of a cartoon guy and a text bubble in some different laungauge and iTunes tells me its in recovery mode, so I tried shutting it down and also holding home and power and nothing now all its doing is going from my pinneaple screen back to the guy and back and forth I am freaking out, PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME will I have to restore the phone? HELP HELP HELP! :(:(:(

My phone went into recovery mode while I was trying to download apptrap and it stopped loading and just sat there for half an hour so I canceled the process so the phone just sat there with a pic of a cartoon guy and a text bubble in some different laungauge and iTunes tells me its in recovery mode, so I tried shutting it down and also holding home and power and nothing now all its doing is going from my pinneaple screen back to the guy and back and forth I am freaking out, PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME will I have to restore the phone? HELP HELP HELP! :(:(:(
you will have to restore by putting it into dfu mode http://iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034

make sure its in dfu mode ^^^

and then restore

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I think Im gonna cry I just put around $50 worth of games and apps into the phone will I lose them all?
No. If you sync'd befor it "crashed" then they should be in your apps folder.
If not, you will have to re-download them again, but you won't be charged again. Apple knows which ones you bought. And if you cannot remember them all, just look at the receipt that Apple emailed you.

iPhonebaby

Bronze
Nov 5, 2008
Minnesota
No. If you sync'd befor it "crashed" then they should be in your apps folder.
If not, you will have to re-download them again, but you won't be charged again. Apple knows which ones you bought. And if you cannot remember them all, just look at the receipt that Apple emailed you.

Oh thank god! Thank u Thank u Thank u

iPhonebaby

Bronze
Nov 5, 2008
Minnesota
You actually paid for your apps:p jkjk!
-Which apps had you bought?
Well if theres a way to get them for free let me know haha :) but everything is fixed I luckily had synced with iTunes before the breakdown so I had everything still intact, I just got a bunch of games (texas Hold'em, Crash Kart, Bejeweled, Brickbreaker delux etc.) Lots of different apps like a page and a half lol, and Ive just begun to look throu the app store. Now its on to figuring out how to use iPhonebrowser (Im such a newb lol) :laugh2: