Won't sync with iTunes

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

BrownDog

May 12, 2012
Hi,
I recently upgraded iTunes to the latest version on my PC, . . . and my iPhone will now not sync with iTunes. The iPhone does not show up within iTunes at all.
(Windows XP Pro V5.1 SP3)

At the time, my iPhones iOS was out of date - it is now Ver 5.1.1 But this didn't help.

I have also totally uninstalled iTunes and downloaded/installed the latest Ver 10.6.1.7 But this hasn't helped either.

It now also appears that the iPhone charges very slowly via a proven USB port. And now, when plugging the iPhone in the PC responds with a "low, double tone" indicating some kind of problem !

Hope you can help – Noel

Last edited by a moderator:

BrownDog

May 12, 2012
Hi Owieh,
Thanks for your suggestion, but no luck. I've tried several cables and other USB ports on the PC, with the same result - does not detect correctly and charges very slowly. And as I mentioned above, when plugging the iPhone in, the PC responds with a "low, double tone", but no visual indication of any fault.
When using one of the suspect cables with a car charger, the iPhone charges normally. I've also tried the cable and iPhone on another PC at work, and it detects and charges normally.

I'm going to try and re-install the USB drivers . . . .

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
Might want to try a soft reset and/or hard reset on the phone and try again. That usually does the trick for me...