Word document viewer?

fac0104

Jun 25, 2009
Can anyone tell me a reliable app to view Microsoft Word document i don't need to edit them, I just need to read the document.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
FileAid (free in App store) to install on phone. Disk Aid ($10) must be installed on the pc. Get it from the dev's website. Drag n Drop into DiskAid..files appear in file aid...all over USB connection. Viewer for many files types including MS Office.

talon90

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 17, 2009
I know you said you don't need to edit but even though, I'd still recommend Documents to Go. It is a great MS Office reader and has the ability to edit Word and soon to edit Excel. There are two versions, one for those in an MS Exchange environment and those not.

Cizah

Jul 20, 2009
Ukraine
You can also have a look at ReaddleDocs. I'm using it all the time.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
You can use MobileStudio for this. It's only $1.99 and it doesn't need anything to be running on the desktop computer side. It transfers via WiFi. Check out what it can do in the app store.

--
Mike

AeroCare

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2009
All over the World !
FileAid (free in App store) to install on phone. Disk Aid ($10) must be installed on the pc. Get it from the dev's website. Drag n Drop into DiskAid..files appear in file aid...all over USB connection. Viewer for many files types including MS Office.

I noticed that if you do a search for FileAid on the 'net some websites show it as $4.99 and then directs you to iTunes App Store for the download. Save the $4.99 and go to the store directly and it's a free app but DO IT NOW because it said it's free for a limited time. I also found DiskAid free on the 'net.

I'll try them now and see if they work for me. I need to be able to make changes in the excel document and currently use Documents to Go on my TREO 680. If it doesn't work for me I'll try the other ones mentioned here.

AeroCare

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2009
All over the World !
Hmm?. I downloaded DiskAid and got version 1.5

I installed it and it told me to update it so I did and got version 3.1 although I had just downloaded the program from their own website! :D

Oh well let's see how it works.

AeroCare

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2009
All over the World !
Two things I noticed.

1st that when I ran DiskAid it says " running on trial mode 14 days left " on the bottom so I don't know if they're going to want to charge me later.

2nd it's easy to install and use and you can read excel docs.

BUT it won't work for me because I need to be able to change the numbers in my excel sheet and let it calculate results.

My search continues...

Jul 30, 2009
ReaddleDocs seems to be the best documents viewer if you don't need to edit files and now it costs the half of price $4.99. The best thing I like about this app is that it's easy and quick to copy files inside readdledocs. There are 3 ways ho to do it: WiFi connection, Readdle Storage and Internet connection on the iPhone and the easiest one - USB cable (wow!)

AeroCare

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2009
All over the World !
Thanks. I finally bought Documents to Go and the reader is fine. I just need to edit excel but they are working on the update and it'll be free.

Jul 30, 2009
Quickoffice can edit excel files. Still if the Documents to Go update will be soon and will be free, it's just great.

bommel0815

Jul 25, 2009
I second the recommendation for ReaddleDocs.
Very professional ab, great webinterface, wifi support and so much more.
really superb and cheap.

It supports a lot more than just Word docs :)

Jun 30, 2009
This has been really helpful for. I didn’t even know that I could read MS word file in the iPhone. But I guess I have to pay a little for this app.