Word of the Day

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
hornswoggle ‎- verb (third-person singular simple present hornswoggles, present participle hornswoggling, simple past and past participle hornswoggled)
  1. (transitive) To deceive or trick. Samgung hornswoggled customers in China into thinking their Galaxy Note 7 units were safe because they were not carrying the defective battery used in Galaxy Note 7 in other markets, but was subsequently forced to apologize humbly in a long statement after the proverbial feces hit the fan.

samsung-exec-confirms-galaxy-note-7-variant-with-6gb-of-ram-507219-2.jpg

(definition courtesy of Wiktionary; sample sentence is my own work)

Last edited:

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Today we have a very special Word of the Day—in Greek!

Today’s word (phrase) of the day is “Thank you."

Here’s the pronunciation using the International Phonetic Alphabet: /efxaɾisˈto/

And here’s a phonetic rendition using our own Latin alphabet: eff-hah-rees-TOH

Finally, what you’ve been waiting for. I present to you the phrase “Thank you” in Greek:

ευχαριστώ.png

If you want to hear the word, simply highlight it right here—ευχαριστώ—then click on Speech, then click on Start Speaking, like so:

sayit.png

You may be prompted to download a Greek voice; it’s a small file that should download fairly quickly.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Today we have a very special Word of the Day—in Greek!

Today’s word (phrase) of the day is “Thank you."

Here’s the pronunciation using the International Phonetic Alphabet: /efxaɾisˈto/

And here’s a phonetic rendition using our own Latin alphabet: eff-hah-rees-TOH

Finally, what you’ve been waiting for. I present to you the phrase “Thank you” in Greek:

View attachment 45039

If you want to hear the word, simply highlight it right here—ευχαριστώ—then click on Speech, then click on Start Speaking, like so:

View attachment 45041
You may be prompted to download a Greek voice; it’s a small file that should download fairly quickly.
It looks Greek to me!!