Words With Friends

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
The bug infestation at Words With Friends just goes on and on...

Hugo made a move 22 minutes ago on a game he is playing with me.

However, when I tap on the Facebook icon to see which of my Facebook friends are playing, it says that Hugo last played 8 days ago.

There's a huge difference between 22 minutes ago and 8 days ago...

w1.jpg
w2.jpg

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
The bug infestation at Words With Friends just goes on and on...

Hugo made a move 22 minutes ago on a game he is playing with me.

However, when I tap on the Facebook icon to see which of my Facebook friends are playing, it says that Hugo last played 8 days ago.

There's a huge difference between 22 minutes ago and 8 days ago...

View attachment 35757 View attachment 35758
I was experiencing a few bugs as well. Deleting the app resolved them all. :D

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I was experiencing a few bugs as well. Deleting the app resolved them all. :D
I will give it another shot, it can't hurt—but I uninstalled/re-installed t...

Wait, I just realized what you mean... You deleted it, period. :)

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I recently (two days ago) updated to the latest (version 7.11) of the iOS app "Words With Friends" and I still don't have the ability to share on my social networks those funny yet invalid words I occasionally encounter whilst playing. This is a feature which others on eiC have had even since the previous version of this app. I've reached out to Zynga via Twitter and even sent them an e-mail via their "support" site asking for the assistance due me (as a loyal customer) and nothing.

Any clues as to why Zynga is so cruelly and heartlessly denying me this feature?

Thanks in advance.

image.jpg

^^Exhibit A: The option to share invalid words on social networks is obviously missing. This was a feature announced in the changelog of the version of the app prior to this one.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I recently (two days ago) updated to the latest (version 7.11) of the iOS app "Words With Friends" and I still don't have the ability to share on my social networks those funny yet invalid words I occasionally encounter whilst playing. This is a feature which others on eiC have had even since the previous version of this app. I've reached out to Zynga via Twitter and even sent them an e-mail via their "support" site asking for the assistance due me (as a loyal customer) and nothing.

Any clues as to why Zynga is so cruelly and heartlessly denying me this feature?

Thanks in advance.

View attachment 35828

^^Exhibit A: The option to share invalid words on social networks is obviously missing. This was a feature announced in the changelog of the version of the app prior to this one.
Good. I have no desire to see anyone's failed words. I can see them here and everywhere else on the net. I don't need them polluting Facebook. ;)

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
There are some nifty new features in the classic Words With Friends iOS app, so why not bring out the dormant wordsmith in you and put him/her through his/her paces?

Now, you can simply tap on your opponent's last played word to get its definition, or you can pull up a history of every single word that has been played during the current game, then tap on any word in this history to get its definition.

There is a plethora of new features just waiting for you to have fun with. When you tap on a word, you get its definition (as I already mentioned), you get a speaker icon that you can tap to hear the word, and you get sample sentences using the word. As if all that weren't enough, you even get a handy dandy colorful graph depicting the rarity of the word in question.

Here is an example of what you get when you look up a word (this word happens to be considered an expletive by some, so I have pixelated a letter within the word so as not offend anyone).

*****.jpg

What are you waiting for? Start a game today.

You can play against me... if you think you have a chance... *cackling manically*. My username is Rafagon.

joice33

Dec 1, 2014
I am a lover of game. So, anything new I really fond of it. I'll visit your link if I like then definitely run out.

joice33

Dec 1, 2014
Can you add some new game link? I need this for my kid because she's really love those.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Can you add some new game link? I need this for my kid because she's really love those.
Pogo Games are fun for kids. This app has several different games she will enjoy.
Pogo Games by Electronic Arts
https://appsto.re/us/LfEqw.i

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Recently I had an issue on WWF where some of my settings were missing and other things were not right.
Here's what my settings looked like:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426475639.534864.jpg

It should have looked like this:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426475703.933160.jpg

Also, this page was all wrong:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426475746.816179.jpg

It should have looked this way:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426475781.429342.jpg

So I got to poking around and found the fix.
1. Go to the game settings.
2. Tap on "Manage Block List".
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426475927.560519.jpg

3. Log in and tap on the 3 line icon in the top right.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426476037.442876.jpg

4. Tap on "Broken Game".
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426476089.923790.jpg

4. Tap "Force Refresh".
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426476131.956405.jpg

That fixed my problems. All except the sound effects keep stopping. Close out the app in the app switcher and they work again for a while. But then they stop again. I've tried logging out and deleting, then reinstalling. No fix. It is annoying. It's the only game that does that. I've emailed Zynga and spoke with Word Guru Harold. He was no help. He suggested going to settings and setting my notification sound to on. That was all the Guru had for me. But at least the Force Refresh worked for other issues.
Note: The update 3/16/15 seems to have fixed my sound effects issue and brought back the Word Of The Day.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Last edited:

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Words With Friends recently went multi-lingual. If you'd like to play with me in French or Spanish please hit me up.

I can also hold my own in Italian… kind of :)

Username: Rafagon

Last edited:

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Words With Friends has introduced Stickers™—a fun new way to chat with your friends.

The hilarity never ends.

Start a new game with Rafagon today.

stickers.png