Work-in-progress Siri replica - made from new - works on iPhone 3G - no proxies required

Discussion in 'Cydia Apps' started by binarybadass, Feb 13, 2012.

1. binarybadass

binarybadass New Member

Hey!

(this is not yet released but I thought the best place to post it would be here because it will eventually end up on Cydia.)

I've been working on a virtual assistant for iOS devices called PleaseDo.

This project has been in core development since late November and feature development just started last week.

A lot of details on the project are limited as of now to protect my ideas until it gets released in the very near future, but I post updates on the project's Facebook page often. I've also put a few videos up, too.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Please...997642?sk=wall

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/thebinarybadass

Please let me know what you think! Thanks! :)

2. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

Ultimately you will produce a poor shadow of Siri.... hopes it's better than the laughable effort called Sara... Good luck

3. binarybadass

binarybadass New Member

I know I will never get to anything like the real Siri. The real one can actually think about what you say to it etc. But this will be the next best thing. There's a lot of great technology and architecture underneath this one and it's been in development for over 2 months.

As for Sara: Sara is actually a copy of this project. The developer tried to capitalise on the fact that this one would take longer to develop by rushing up a flaky clone, and tried to work off some of the things I discussed over a month before on the whited00r forums. He is still actively copying some stuff I talked about, which is why I am not going into much detail about what's new in this until I have something to release.

4. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

I tried the whited00r firmware on my iPhone 2G....never really understood the need to "fake" ios 5.x.x on such a slow phone....I hope your Siri clone will enhance iPhone2G and 3G users experience. Will your app be free...?:D

5. binarybadass

binarybadass New Member

6. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Is there a beta repo we/I could try?

7. binarybadass

binarybadass New Member

Unfortunately not, I still have bugs to fix, more core-level features to put in, as well as several more user-level features too.

I want to get a beta out very soon though, so just check on my Facebook page/website and you'll know as soon as it's out.

Right now I'm working on text-message/email dictation, which is the first real feature to be put into the app.

If you're interested in making your own functionality for PleaseDo, I'll have a page up where you can register your interest because I'm not going to make this immediately open to developers until it picks up some traction among users. This is to stop more of my ideas being stolen, but I think developers will love what I've made possible for them through this.