Worked before the Update but not anymore!

i3fan8760

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Ok i modded my iPhone a day before the update and then the update makes me restore my phone.. now i deleted my iPhonedmg folder and started from scratch did all the 10 steps except i subsituted the old software with the new one... i run jailbreak and its been stuck at Sending more files.... and booting iPhone..... its been stuck for an hour... if aum 1 can help me ASAP id be grateful i have to be at work in an hour and i need my phone working...
Thanks in advance...

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
disconnect and re-connect the phone without doing anything else....

rinual

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
if your phone is caught up in the sending more files, there error is either; jailbreak is not finding the necessary files in phonedmg, the connection to the computer to your iPhone needs to be refreshed, or there is a program running in the background preventing you from changing system files on the iPhone (aka iTunes.exe iTuneshelper.exe, ipodservies etc...)

Therefore, make sure you extract the most recent update file from the .zip format into the phonedmg folder, and make sure that its in that director, not a subdirectory in that folder.

Next, do as the previous post stated and reconnect and reset your phone.

Furthermore, make sure no program such as iTunes or any related Apple applications are running in the background.

There is no logical reason jailbreak wouldn't work seeing as its the exact same program as before the update, the only difference is the new update folder (btw you may need the old folder as well) I would recommend doing the old steps to make the phonedmg folder, then get the newest folder after that.

After these steps it should work, if not i would recommend a restore and retrying.

Jul 1, 2007
me too

I have tried all thoose things however i still have the same problem

bigyack

Aug 7, 2007
same problem

I am having the same problem. I have been trying all day long. I have tried 2 different computers, uninstalled iTunes and phonedmg folder jailbreak and reeinstalled each time and restored the phone each time. I have redone the folder from the begging and have added the new update, everything is extracted to the main folder. I have followed the directions to the t and can not get it to work. It freezes up in the sending files , boot phone mode and after a few minutes the phone resets itself in the dock and goes to my home screen in the dock. Jailbreak stays where it is and doesn't do anything. I have noticed that every minute or so AppleMobileDeviceService.exe shows up in the task manager. I have sat there and closed it everytime for like 15 minutes and nothing. I have also tried to let it go and .... nothing. I have even tried to put the file in the recycle bin and restart the computer and it still shows up. Please help me...... Please ...... Please

marauderrt10

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
I am having the same problem. I have been trying all day long. I have tried 2 different computers, uninstalled iTunes and phonedmg folder jailbreak and reeinstalled each time and restored the phone each time. I have redone the folder from the begging and have added the new update, everything is extracted to the main folder. I have followed the directions to the t and can not get it to work. It freezes up in the sending files , boot phone mode and after a few minutes the phone resets itself in the dock and goes to my home screen in the dock. Jailbreak stays where it is and doesn't do anything. I have noticed that every minute or so AppleMobileDeviceService.exe shows up in the task manager. I have sat there and closed it everytime for like 15 minutes and nothing. I have also tried to let it go and .... nothing. I have even tried to put the file in the recycle bin and restart the computer and it still shows up. Please help me...... Please ...... Please
did you add the updated software version to folder. Running jailbreak using 1.0.0 software will make your iPhone hang up on jailbreak, follow the steps up to jailbreak in finding your new iTunes update here.
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/t...tones-by-wjp09-with-pictures-and-videos.4999/

Last edited by a moderator:

bigyack

Aug 7, 2007
yep

done that to. Can anyone tell me why AppleMobileDeviceService.exe keeps starting itself in the task manager every minute?

marauderrt10

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
done that to. Can anyone tell me why AppleMobileDeviceService.exe keeps starting itself in the task manager every minute?
I would try going to the Apple store, they can restore it for you there.

bigyack

Aug 7, 2007
I have it!

Well I did everything from unistalling iTunes to reformatting my hard drive and reinstalling windows, but it turns out all I needed was about 15 BEERS. Call it a stupid mistake. I unchecked auto sync and forgot to close iTunes. iTunes was minimized and I did CMD>phonedmg>Jailbreak and what do you know it worked. I thought I was seeing things, but it worked. I verified it again and it worked. Hopefully this works for other people but please use your own judgment on how many beers you need! Homer was right BEER is the answer!