Working at the Apple Store

isal

Bronze
Mar 22, 2009
Toronto
I live in Toronto and 5 Apple Stores are hiring in the area. I have been apply online for a year and it has led me nowhere. I am desperate for a job. I tried talking to the manager at one of the stores and nothing, all he told me was to apply online. I'm planning to going to one of the other stores an talking to the manager, what should I say? I have about 2 years experience in electronics retail and about 2.5 year in customer service.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks Guys!

isal

Bronze
Mar 22, 2009
Toronto
Try harder, and maybe submit a resume.
I've submitted the resumes and filled out the applications online. That's how they do it now. But there are so many of them that it's impossible to to get some kind of an edge.

Would talking to the manager help?

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
I've submitted the resumes and filled out the applications online. That's how they do it now. But there are so many of them that it's impossible to to get some kind of an edge.

Would talking to the manager help?
Unfortunately they'll likely recommend that you use online procedure. However I had a boss years ago that would tell me "You don't get what you want unless you ask for it". I'm often reminded of those words and will follow his advice and go out on the limb to ask for something. I'm often amazed at how effective asking for something can be.

isal

Bronze
Mar 22, 2009
Toronto
Unfortunately they'll likely recommend that you use online procedure. However I had a boss years ago that would tell me "You don't get what you want unless you ask for it". I'm often reminded of those words and will follow his advice and go out on the limb to ask for something. I'm often amazed at how effective asking for something can be.
I agree. I just finshed talking to the manager 5 minutes ago. By the end of it she asked me my name and said she'll keep it in mind once they start looking at applications. Even though chances are she'll forget it maybe... Just maybe she doesn't!

Tomorrow, I'm gonna go trouble the other 4 managers! Lol

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
However I had a boss years ago that would tell me "You don't get what you want unless you ask for it".
That is so true. Life will not give you everything you want unless you ask and work hard for it. And since you, ishan3g, seem to be already experienced, try asking managers in different Apple Stores, maybe one of them can recommend you.

paa79594

Silver
Jul 23, 2007
Los Angeles
www.theplasticguys.com
I have had the same problem with a few of my local Apple stores. I have a great resume, am available to work many hours, and yet I never hear back from them at all. It's kind of strange.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
That is so true. Life will not give you everything you want unless you ask and work hard for it. And since you, ishan3g, seem to be already experienced, try asking managers in different Apple Stores, maybe one of them can recommend you.
True. But the point my boss made was sometimes ALL you've got to do is ask.

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
You better give me a Thanks!, for the link I provided or I will kick your grandfather in the testes and Apple doesn't hire people who have grandfathers with bruised tescles, this is a known fact.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
Seriously!? Begging for thanks?!?!? Homeless guys have signs that say, "Why lie, it's for beer". You should make a sign, or edit your signature.

Since you are so worried about the thanks button I have provided one for your enjoyment.

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
Revenge of the 2 Nerds Napoleon and The APPLE

Oh NO!
Napoleon and The Apple
The Nerdiest Duo this side of the internets
I better keep my spell check on and stay on topic or i will be doomed
omg i didn't capitilize my i , did i spell capitilize wrong ZOMG! help
here they come now !

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Oh NO!
Napoleon and The Apple
The Nerdiest Duo this side of the internets
I better keep my spell check on and stay on topic or i will be doomed
omg i didn't capitilize my i , did i spell capitilize wrong ZOMG! help
here they come now !
Hey Apple! I think we pushed a button! :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
HAHAHA, actually made me laugh those last few posts! You can be quite funny when you try Naps.

iCafe, where do you and London get your sarcastic pics from? Some are brilliant. ha

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
At least we gotz sum Thanks without begging! It's funny he tried to bash us for the correct use of spelling, grammar, and punctuation.

BTW I'm the one on the right. *revenge of the nerds laugh*