World Clock no workie?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

PolkieJoe

Jul 3, 2007
Well the only thing I can't figure out on my iPhone is the world clock function? Every time I put a new location in it NEVER has a new clock. It always says "no world clocks" on the screen. I even did a restore and it still doesn't work? I tried to take it back to AT&T today and they said only Apple will do an exchange! Is this BS or what?:(

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
I don't know about the clock issue, mine works fine, but Apple is the only place to exchange a "broken" iPhone. It says that in the documentation and was all over the web before the launch. AT&T employees were even handing out pamphlets with that information when I got mine on the 29th.

Joe

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
i don't have any expirience with the world clock feature yet but a lot of things i try to do like contacts they somtimes don't show up after i enter them but then i realize its because i didn't press save when i was done. so maybe after you enter your city or whatever city maybe your just going back insted of pressing save? thats my guess.

hmm i just played with it and it seems that my guess is wrong seeing that when i just click the city i type in it automaticly adds.

PolkieJoe

Jul 3, 2007
I called Apple Tech and he waled me through the functions and still it doesn't work...Said that he could send out a loner phone for free and ship mine back and they would look at it and fix/or send me a new one. But Im going on vacation for a week on Sat. and wont be home to get the loaner and ship mine back. So he said to go to an Apple store on my way to the beach and they would probably just exchange phones with me if they have them in stock. -or wait until I get back and get if fixed or exchanged.

PolkieJoe

Jul 3, 2007
My clock is working well too, but I did find that there were cities that I could not locate in the preset choices.
I don't have any preset cities also. It's strange that just this function will not work. Everything else seems to work fine. Luck of the draw I guess?

TechnoDoc

Jul 2, 2007
I have a similar problem...which is frustrating, because when I first got the phone, it was working perfectly!

I had 4 world clocks set, then yesterday, I looked and they were all gone. No biggie, I'll just re-add them. I hit the "+" sign to add one, the search box and keyboard come up...so far, so good. I type "n" "e" "w" and a list of cities, from New Delhi, India to Wellington, New Zealand appears. I tap on New York, USA...the keyboard and search box slide away, and I am staring at an EMPTY world clock screen, that says..."No World Clocks"!

I have tried to add every city in the list, and I can not get a single one to display! And again, what kills me is that this was working a few days ago. I have reset the phone, and still nothing!

Any ideas?